Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > EYs Foundation Degree

EYs Foundation Degree Please use this forum to discuss the Foundation Degree ... assignment queries, integration of information into practice and other areas of learning ..

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 10-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Kathie is on a distinguished road
Default Where do i start?

Hi guys want to do Foundation degree thro ou but don't even know where to begin finances, contacting them etc can anyone help please

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

sealheywood is on a distinguished road
General question funding

try contacting your local council - for the graduate leader fund - i contacted my local one and got funding to do the degree - i am doing mine through a college but i am sure this funding can be put forward for ou as well:idea:
Unread 10-24-2010, 08:12 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

unless you are very organised and a self starter, good at research and finding everything out for yourself and do not need the support of others. i would recommend you look at colleges you attend. The OU is for people with particular skills in learning not all of us, i certainly dont, benefit from distance learning. i need and like others to bounce off and learn from.
Unread 10-25-2010, 04:20 PM

karenlatoy is on a distinguished road

I've just started my foundation degree with OU. I was funded through my local council and just had to send the application forms and invoice to them and they took care of the fees.

There's a long road ahead but so far I'm really impressed by the OU study materials and the huge amount of support available. I'm feeling really excited and inspired at the moment.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Karen x
Unread 10-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Kathie is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the advice, i feel ou would be best for me as am preschool manager and can't really take time out for college, ou does seem daunting but need to ensure have further development in place for myself and that would then benefit the setting. Do i get pack etc from ou online or is phoning the best, also have noticed points eg 90 and over????? How do i know have the right course. Sound really clueless don't i but it's alot to find really.
Unread 10-28-2010, 12:12 PM

karenlatoy is on a distinguished road

You can't register online for this course as they have to check that you are working in a suitable setting so you need to ring the helpline - you can find it on the ou website. I found them really helpful when I rang - they will talk you through the process and answer any questions. My course started on 2/10/10 and I don't think there is another one until next oct but if you ring the helpline they will be able to advise you.

Karen