Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 06-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

joshie is on a distinguished road
Default Displays around your home

Do any of you display childrens work around your home? I have made a display board across my kitchen wall that is covered in art work, EYFS links, photos etc and have continued this throughout my home? Just wondered if other CMs were like this or if i am just a nutter! :rotfl:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

I have one wall of my room which is dedicated to children's work.

I have big cork tiles surrounded by wood, with little pictures of children from around the world stuck to the sides.

I have posters showing the day, seasons, months, alphabet, numbers etc.

It's my fun wall and the children put all kinds of work on the board.

They also contribute to displays we occasionally do.

I think it's a lovely idea and it works for me!
Unread 07-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

joshie is on a distinguished road

sounds fab sarah! I love displaying the childrens work around my home - my poor husband! lol
Unread 07-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

buildingblocks is on a distinguished road

i am lucky in the fact that I have a large playroom (conservatory) which has two walls I can use. These are covered with posters and one of the windows is used as the notice board for parents.

Also in my dining room/craft area I have one dedicated wall which is where the work the children do is mounted and displayed.

Throughout the house e.g. walls in the playroom and backs of doors in other rooms are photos of the children that are printed off and then mounted onto black card. I am not very good at keeping photo albums up to date for evidence so this way parents/Mrs O/Assessors can see evidence of the children doing stuff.