Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 01-17-2009, 09:05 PM
shellbell

Default 305 k3p247

Hi i really hope someone can help me with this question, i have searched it on silkysteps and got just one reply but to be honest it confused me even more, can anyone help...is it me or does anyone else find this unit a pain in the bum...

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

and the question is...????

sorry need more to go on shellbell.
xxx
Unread 01-17-2009, 09:23 PM
shellbell

Ah yeah sorry...

the importance of monitoring provision and the need for accountability to children, parents,families and other agencies.

Thank you
Unread 01-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

think about what you provide - both in services and resources

How do you know if things are working or not, do you evauate what's working and what isn't...that way you can plan to change things- for example if some children never play with the table top toys, what happens if you put them on the floor.

You need to be able to meet all children's needs, do you keep records? how do you share this information with parents/maincarers.... how and when would you share this info with other agencies if necessary.

you could also consider what policies and prodcedures you have in place that cover this area...admissions, confidentiality, keypersons, inclusion. Safeguarding children, SENco
xx
Unread 03-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

michelle101 is on a distinguished road

hi
im just wondering if you can help.
i am really stuck on a couple of questions.
k2d237-the negative effects of inqualities on all children: this must include the negative effects on children who are not themselves directly experiencing inquality.
k3c238- difficulities in accessing provision and services that might be experienced by children and families and how procedures and practices can work to overcome these and improve services.

i really hope can help, as my mind has turned scrammbled with all these questions, and this is my last unit.

thankyou michelle
Unread 03-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

carol2583 is on a distinguished road

K3P247

It is important to childcare workers to be accountable as if we were not we would not have to follow any guidelines and policies, and this would leave the children open to serious risks of harm. By having OFSTED as our independent body to monitor our settings it protects a child’s right to be safe from harm and enjoy and achieve to their full potential. It is also important that parents and the children feel safe within the setting and they are confident that their welfare and individual needs are being catered for and met. With OFSTED monitoring our provision it enables us to achieve the best outcomes for the children within our care. Childcare workers have a responsibility to ensure that all legislation is being followed and up-to-date, the registered person must ensure and take responsibility for everything in the setting and should ensure that all policies and procedures are been followed correctly.

K3C238

There are many reasons why it may be difficult to access provisions of services
People new to the area might not know what services are available, we can advertise in local schools, community centres and surgeries.
Where English is not the first language, we can provide advertisements in different languages
Low income families, we could provide details of funding available
People with disabilities, we provide a disabled friendly environment and cater for one-to-one ratio when required, we also have trained staff to ensure that we are inclusive.

hi this is what i wrote, however it has not been marked yet, please read and re write with anything else you need to add, carol
Unread 05-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

NatzSwfc is on a distinguished road
Default K3p246

i think 305 is the hardest yet. it really gets you thinking. can anyone point me in the right direction for K3P246? thanks x