Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 10-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

dkredbaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthierhyme View Post
The fact is sazzle was accepted onto the NVQ4.

Most things can be evidenced through partnership and it isn't our place to judge the course providers decision by holding the student responsible.

Please try to help out where you feel you can.

xx
At the end of the day it all comes down to money,the course provider will put the student on the course to get funding.i was not getting at sazzle but it is not going to be far on the student so much will be expected from them.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-18-2009, 08:07 AM
**sarah **

Hi, I have nearly finished level 4, I am on my last optional unit 420, which I have got to do a presentation on nov 6th, then I will have finished. 402 is one of the hardest units to do, it is very time consuming. I had a professional discussion with my assessor for the PC's and then wrote about the knowledge points (referring to my policies) and how they are implemented in my setting. some assessors will use your policies if you have written them and sign some knowledge points off using these policies. 402 and 403 are the hardest and most time consuming units to do. you will find that you can cross reference alot of 403, 408 and 409 when and if you do these units, as I think 408 and 409 were optional units. I could only choose 1 optional unit as surestart chose all the other units that we had to do. Good luck in doing your level 4, I enjoyed doing this and am now thinking of doing my level 5 (I must be mad lol)
Unread 10-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sazzle is on a distinguished road

I have managed to sign off most of 402 through working on other units - I cannot believe she set it me as my first assignment because it is huge! New assessor agreed that it was mad too!
Unread 10-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

well done im pleased for you im glad you are getting stuck in now its hard work but worth it.
Unread 10-26-2009, 10:53 AM

Study day today to try and finish 402 off, Safeguarding children. Mostly I find I know what I need to say, just not how to say it or get started! I have always had that problem though!
Unread 11-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jorobs68 is on a distinguished road

Hi Sara i am new to this site too, I have recently been promoted to deputy manager in a day nursery, i found 401 and 402 ok but currently find 403 a chore- loads of research and writing!!
Unread 11-25-2009, 08:54 PM

I have got a few bits left on 403 - tutor has my folder at the moment, should get it back next week. What bits are you stuck on, I'll see if I can remember what I did, if I have! lol.

As for the position I am in in my setting - my room head has just handed her notice in, so you never know!! (I must say I am pleased, even if I do not get the job, as she was stubborn and old fashioned, and wouldn't listen to anybody's ideas! That played a part in me finding this so difficult I think! Have ended up writing a lot that would probably have just been observed otherwise)
Unread 11-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

penny is on a distinguished road

Don't Give Up!! It does look a lot of work at first but once you get your head around it and get cracking it will be fine! These forums are really useful don't know how i would have got through half of it without it! To be honest lectures don't really help much cos its most of your own work anyway what you do on a daily basis. Stick with it!! It will be worth it!! :)
Unread 12-06-2009, 08:48 PM

The end is in sight! January hopefully..!
It has taken longer than I wanted, but then I was signed up but not seen by an assessor or set any work for the first 2 months, then 3 months over summer was the same - my assessor took my folder, then nothing till I had a different one come in October!!