Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 03-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Robin

I had one assessment on 307, ran a PE session for pre-schoolers and then made snack for with the children when we got back from PE and assessor signed off 2/3rd's of unit. Knowledge questions were pretty straight forward as well.

Good luck.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-22-2008, 02:45 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Nicknacks is on a distinguished road
Default New to the site Just checking it out

Hi, I'm new to the site and not long started level 3. My first observation is on 8th December and reading all your comments on your first observation was great. Feel much more confident now. Many thanks
Unread 11-22-2008, 09:54 PM
kittys

how long has it been since u startd till now that this is ur first visit
Unread 11-23-2008, 04:04 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Nicknacks is on a distinguished road

Started this September so very early stages, finished unit 302 and almost finished 307 so not doing to bad so far. First did level 3 in 1995 so its been a long time since I did anything like this but really enjoying it. You may have noticed the strange time of day I am on here, not completely mad but work nights on a children’s ward and trying hard to stay awake when everyone else is asleep.
Unread 11-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Nikinoo is on a distinguished road

I have my first observation tomorrow, am really nervous as i am only a dinnerlady in the nursery but am doing the NVQ so i can hopefully get a better job out of it. I am doing an art activity and have decided to do leaf printing to coincide with Autumn. I have no idea what i am going to talk to the children about as dont know much except that the leaves change colour and fall off the trees. Anyone got any suggestions as to what i can say?
Unread 11-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hugs and welcome. Try not to think too much about how you should conduct the activity, you'll find Children with the freedom to explore will enjoy and guide the activity themselves, including the progression to painted hands & print taking :) - all good for evidencing engaging material and promoting self direction.

What colour paint are you going to have? if this can be mixed to obtain different shades of brown/green/orange - red & yellow have some ready to offer. I'm not sure what age group you're with but maybe ask if they'd like to make a pot of paint lighter or darker - maybe have some sticks instead of brushes ready to stir the paint.

The leaf shade/pigment is to do with the chlorophyll in leaves, you could talk about how the leaves grow older through the seasons/year, changing ... until late Autumn when they fall from the tree, make food/compost for insects & worms on the ground and how some trees keep their leaves - Christmas trees and others lose them ... Horse chestnut/conker tree - Autumn leaves from wikipedia
I hope you have a great ob and enjoy it let us know how it goes.
xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-09-2009, 04:06 PM

Hi, thanks for your reply.
The age group is nursery, so 3 -4 yr olds.
I havent thought much about paint etc as was going to do potato printing up until today when someone suggested leaf printing. Thanks for your suggestions, i just need a bit of reassurance really as never done anything like this before and feel i lack confidence even though i've been told that i will be fine :)
Unread 11-10-2009, 01:01 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

Good luck - hope all goes well.

As advice further up this thread. Pretend the assessor is not there. I always tell my candidates to think of me as a piece of the furniture!! Relax and have fun with the children.

Best wishes
Unread 11-10-2009, 05:09 PM

Well i got through my 1st observation!! Phew!!! My assessor said could see i was very nervous at start but relaxed half way through, and its true, after a while you almost forget she is there!!
Unread 11-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

Well Done Nikinoo

I expect you gathered lots of evidence to use for other units too

Good luck with the rest of your qualification