Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Playwork and Out of Hours

Playwork and Out of Hours playwork, hospital play, library sessions, after school and holiday clubs .. post your activity ideas and queries in here ..

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 11-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road
Default new playwork qualifications

just wondering if anyone else has been left in an awkward position when the new legislation for playwork qualifications came in in september?? I have been supervisor of the after school club for nearly 4 years with nvq3 in early years and childcare, and in ofsteds eyes i was a suitably qualified person, now since september I am no longer classed as suitably qualified because i have the wrong qualification!!!! I am currently doing a transitional module so i can top up my nvq3 in childcare with an nvq3 in playwork, and im doing my foundation degree. the rest of the staff had either no qualifications or level 2 qualifications but again their level 2 in childcare no longer qualifies, so in short none of us have suitable qualifications in november but in august we did, we will all be updating our qualifications but it can't be done overnight. would ofsted accept that i am currently doing my nvq3 in playwork and other members of staff are booked on a level 2 in playwork?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

My understanding, from hearing comments about this at a conference I recently attended, is that Ofsted will wait until people's qualifications are updated so long as they are clearly addressing the issues and getting themselves trained up.

I would be tempted to contact Ofsted in writing and get advice directly from them, so you have something in writing.

You must be very cross about it all. One of the ladies I was speaking to said what a wonderful opportunity this was to learn something new and I must say I admired her spirit!

Hth :)
Unread 11-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

thankyou, think I will get it in writing from ofsted