Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > EYs Foundation Degree

EYs Foundation Degree Please use this forum to discuss the Foundation Degree ... assignment queries, integration of information into practice and other areas of learning ..

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 10-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Narnia is on a distinguished road
Default a dissertation idea?

I'm posting this thread everywhere, as I am desparate!! Ok, I have gone and done it now! For our BA we were given the choice NOT to do a dissertation this year ( I think they made a ****-up, but decided they would have to honour it!), however, it then was brought up by our main tutor, who suggested that although we don't HAVE to, it might nevertheless be good to. It would be a 10,000 word subject, worth 120 points and i think would mean I could concentrate on one subject, rather than two others? So, I found myself saying 'yes' to it, without really having completely thought about it.Now my tutor has agreed that a dissertaion is a good idea.......and I have come up with a couple of ideas: looking at schemas or children's adventurous/risky play ( or lack of) .What do you think....and do any of you have good ideas to get me started or literature/websites/journals etc you can point me to. I have one more day to make a final decision on whether or not to do a dissertation and until December to decide on the final topic. Me and my big mouth..................and small brain!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-19-2009, 01:31 PM

janeb is on a distinguished road

I like the idea of adventurous play and the lack of it - this would be interesting to investigate and to read :reading:(whereas I'm bored of reading about schemas - everyone seems to do that!)

I found this article http://www.whitehutchinson.com/leisu...icles/84.shtml and the playengland website (playengland.org.uk) should be helpful or the similar londonplay.org.uk

Don't be freaked out about writing a dissertation - at first 10,000 words sounds a lot but once you get going, you'll probably have too much info and need to cut it down!:reading:
Unread 10-20-2009, 06:52 AM

Narnia is on a distinguished road

THANKYOU for that!! quick scan it looks good, so I'll read it properly later tonight......thankyouxxAnd you're right about schemas........it seems several of our group are doing that, or at least thinking about it!
Unread 10-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

Narnia if you change your mind and you want to do something on schemas, let me know.

It's a pet subject of mine and I have lots and lots of information