Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > EYs Foundation Degree

EYs Foundation Degree Please use this forum to discuss the Foundation Degree ... assignment queries, integration of information into practice and other areas of learning ..

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 06-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

pinki is on a distinguished road
Default Could use some advice please?

Have worked in childcare for some time and also have children myself (daughter 12 and son 2) Began training at NVQ level 2 in Feb and am sailing along! My goal is to become a primary school teacher but now at the grand old age of 30 (!) have realised i should have concentrated more at school! I do not have GCSEs but would be willing to do them.
Would really like to do the EYs foundation degree at some point in the future but wondered what the requirments were for doing this degree ie: do they want GCSEs/A levels or a certain NVQ completed???
Would really appreciate any feedback.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-18-2009, 08:12 PM

brackenbury802 is on a distinguished road

you need gcse at grade c and a nvq3 but it depends on which college or university you apply to!
go onto the college websites and have a look
good luck with your studies, i have just enrolled to do level 4 at the grand age of 42
x
Unread 06-19-2009, 06:22 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

get your maths and english out of the way next, you wont get on any teacher training without them.
Unread 06-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Zoo Keeper

NVQ Level 3 is required i am just ending 1st year (yippeee) i didn't do all well in GCSE's so theres hope for you all!!! i am fast approaching '30' but there are ladies young and older on my course and we all bounce of each other with different experiences and views inc life ones!
Unread 07-02-2009, 10:46 AM

pinki is on a distinguished road
Default Key skills?

Have done maths and English key skills with YMCA (who i am doing my NVQ with) and they told me these are equal to GCSEs so wonder if they will be acceptable?
Unread 07-02-2009, 01:09 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinki View Post
Have done maths and English key skills with YMCA (who i am doing my NVQ with) and they told me these are equal to GCSEs so wonder if they will be acceptable?
no they wont be you need a proper gcse maths and english grade c or above to get onto any teacher training course. why not do those then apply for a pgce dont bother with the fd unless of course you need to study part time. do a B Ed then pgce