Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 04-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

SamHill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
the perfect training path! tho the 4 is for people who manage people budgets resources etc. why not go for a foundations degree instead cos unless your doing a management job the 4 isnt really worth anything where as a degree......
I know what you are saying, but I will have to find sooo much money to fund a foundation degree that I really just don't have (funding in my area is fairly limite3d)! If I don't get any luck with funding from my local college, I will probably do the L4 with the OU as this is equivalent to the first year of the foundation degree (if my understanding is correct) and if my circumstances improve it would count towards the FD. It would also be cheaper than choosing funding from my college (about £1000 or more for college as opposed to £630 (I think) at the OU.

Money aside, I also have 3 children - aged 10 and 7 year old twins. I have seen how my unmarried manager has struggled with time and work doing her first year of the FD and am now sure how I would cope with that. L3 meant I abandoned my kids quite a bit as it was. Excuses, excuses!

Sam

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-02-2009, 05:53 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

thanks all its interesting, esp the funding issue! thats a daft way of going about things. i can def see a huge difference in those who have progressed rather than those who come straight in at 3 even with 3 kids and granddaughter childcare isnt parenting! i think we need to value 2 a little more as it really is a foundation for good practice .
Unread 04-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

dkredbaron is on a distinguished road

another problem is that most settings want you to have a level 3 for a assistants job.so this makes people go straight to level 3 which makes the level 2 look under valued.
Unread 04-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Marmacat is on a distinguished road

I'm "returning to work", I have 30 years til I retire (!), and want to do a degree before I'm 40, so I hoped to take a short-cut by going in at level3. I said on the application I was happy to do level2 if required, but got on the level3 course. I'm coping quite well, although some of the questions are a bit wordy and confuse me! I am a bit disappointed though as the course is not what I expected, I was hoping for training to do the job I'm doing, but that isn't how NVQ works. I don't think I was given enough information about the course, but I feel I am really learning a lot even if not the way I expected! I'm glad I didn't do level 2 because this course feels like I'm learning lots, and stretching my skills. I came on this website to help with one final question, I didn't know it existed before today! Anyway, must get on with one last observation before I meet my Assessor tomorrow!
Unread 04-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

midgetgem67 is on a distinguished road

Hi i did L2 , and found it well worth my time and effort as i was quite new to child care and it help with my knowledge, my tutor said most of my work was level 3 , it didnt take me to long to do and i have gained loads as i have used it as prior learning for my level 3 , which i have nearly finish in under a year .
Unread 05-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

southlady is on a distinguished road

i did my level 2 last year 2007 -2008 and now i am just finishing the level three in just seven months of starting it was useful to do the l2 first
Unread 05-13-2009, 11:39 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneSpecial View Post
i did gcse child care and got A* grew up around many children as my mom and grandparents fostered, looking after children and knowing the basic stuff was like second nature to me by time i got to sixth form. so i skipped level 2 because it would be far too easy and i did level 3 right away, I knew most of it before i started and got A's on every assignment and AAA overall.

I think when you have already got the experiance of working with children and everything you dont need to do level 2. I enjoyed level 3 a lot and still like to use what i know to help others on here and I like to keep learning.
the worst student i have "know a lot obout children" are mums or older sisters and have learnt a lot BUT none of it best practice. they nearly all are furious they need to do it but half way through are so glad they did. nothing beats learning best practice and home life certainly isnt that! i dont teach what i do at home!