Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 04-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kittykatty2000 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS New To CCLD Level 3

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have just started my CCDL Level 3 Course. My assessor has asked me to complete a load of bits including 308 Knowledge Evidence. I have done everything apart from the 308 Knowledge Evidence part, I have done one of them at the moment (K3P318), but everytime I try and do the rest my brain feels fried.

Can anybody tell me where the best place to start on these please, I have got a week and a bit and feel like im going to fail from the start. I have already done so many parts throughout Unit 302 and 308, but I have never done any courses in my life before, so now panicing as feel like time is running out.

I have 12 parts in the Knowledge Evidence left and feel like not enough time to do it all.

Please can someone help a worried and paniced woman.

Thank you all

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-21-2009, 12:18 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

carriesmad is on a distinguished road

First thing I would say is don't panic! Sounds like you've done loads of work already so you're doing great. Just take the knowledge questions one at a time - if you do a couple each night it doesn't seem so much. I've found this site really helpful and if you're stuck on anything just put the k reference in the search facility and loads of old posts will come up. I don't know what other assessors are like but mine is really understanding, i've had a couple of times when I didn't get all the knowledge finished in time for her visit and she was fine about it. Don't feel like it's school and you'll get into trouble for not doing your homework, as well as assessing you she's there to support and help you, if you need a bit more time then ask for it.
Unread 04-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

bradderst14 is on a distinguished road
Smile New to CCLD level 3

hi there

I'm doing my level 3 too and I have found the Heinemann Book by Penny Tassoni called Children's Care, Learning and Development as a very good source of information. You can purchase it on Amazon.co.uk . It is so helpful and tells you everything you need to know in plain understandable english. I would not be without mine it's a life saver.

Tracey
Unread 04-22-2009, 02:46 PM

Thank you carriesmad and Tracey, I had to get that book before I started the course properly so it has been a help but it has been helpful. I have also managed to do a few bits now thanks to this forum being here and I only have 8 bits left to do on this part until the assessor comes next week to see me. I have so much to hand in now just hope it's all ok and I don't have to redo anything.

Thanks again all
Unread 04-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

bradderst14 is on a distinguished road

Does you assessor come and see you at your placement and observe what you are doing? I had to change my assessor after 5months because she kep making me write things and never even read them. How bad is that?
The assessor who took over is absolutely brilliant and I have achieved some much since being with her. Remember never be afraid to ask for help from her. That's what she is there for.
Tracey
Unread 04-22-2009, 08:24 PM

My Assessor comes out to my workplace every 2 weeks, and Ive only had my her since January, she not that bad concidering I had to have time off due to being in hospital. I must admit it feels like she trying to rush the last of this bit to get onto the next part but if I don't do it all in time I will just tell her. She seems nice so I think she will understand (I hope lol).

Thanks again Tracey for the support and guidance
Unread 04-22-2009, 09:20 PM
chips

Hi kitty katty, God your lucky to have your assessor to come that often, at my college, we get assessed about every 6 weeks......if we're lucky that is . Its just dragging it out I think.

chips
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

southlady is on a distinguished road

do you have prof discussion this also helps to get units done hope this helps