Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 02-25-2008, 09:47 PM
sweeties

Crossfingers Theorists for programmed learning, styles and development

hi can anyone help me with theorists from programmed learning,learning styles, early brain development, Evolutionary perspectives,Flexibility and thinking, Neurological development and play, Play and identity. if anyone could help it would be brill.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

Heres a few suggestions to help, I found this question involved a lot of research and reading and then getting your head round the theorists, this I found the hardest unit along with 402, heres a few bits to help :
Sites for brain dev
http://www.preschoolrainbow.org/brain-growth.htm
http://nccp.org/publications/pub_398.html
http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/exhi.../brain/238.asp
programmmed learning try B F skinner
learning styles try Kolb
Self identity try Erikson and cowen1997
The book childcare and education by tina Bruce is good for theorists and the book early years childcare and education levels 4 and 5 and I did loads of research on the internet.
Unread 02-26-2008, 08:37 PM
sweeties

thanks for the help again brandy. i agree this unit is really difficult and time consuming i have no life at the moment apart from this course hehe.
Unread 02-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Kaa

I am also struggling with the same theorists. Thank you also Brandy for the help. I have been off for the last 4 weeks with a broken ankle trying to cover this, but do not seem to have got very far.
Unread 02-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaa View Post
I am also struggling with the same theorists. Thank you also Brandy for the help. I have been off for the last 4 weeks with a broken ankle trying to cover this, but do not seem to have got very far.
Glad to help, i am cross referencing my last 4 units and hopefully after that i will have nearly finished i am really looking forward to finishing it all off and then having a rest.
Unread 02-27-2008, 08:37 PM
sweeties

i dont blaime u brandy i got 7 units left and i cant wait to finish
Unread 03-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

nicky whit is on a distinguished road

i av just started my level 4 an im finding it really hard my tutor gave me 403 to start of with, i did developmental stages from birth to 16 yrs I did it in bullet points and she told me it was wrong it took me hours she wants in essay style now she has told me to do theorists in essay style an i just dont know where to start.