Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 11-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

rustybum is on a distinguished road
Help SOS risk assessments

hi anyone out there who can help me.just started dpp level 3,got to essay on risk assessments.got to consider benefits for childern,their families ans staff.also safety in/outdoors and outings and legal leglisation in a bout 380 words!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-22-2008, 01:01 PM
lovelysoo

Have you got any books - I found the Miranda Walker book invaluable, has all the different legislation in along with loads of other info.
Perhaps start by talking about a preliminary risk assessment you do before the children arrive - plug sockets covered, windows secured, all unsuitable materials locked away, no sharp objects/rubbish outside, area secure, adult child ratios, etc. then go on to explain why these are important what could happen if you didn't check and a child found - some glass outside or something like that. Then you could go on to explain why you are constantly picking toys up off floor and the 'continual' risk assessment you do while you are working. then explaining what different legislation there is and explain that you adhere to all relevant legislation etc.
in regards to family/children/staff you have the 'keeping safe from harm angle, but also the trust and providing the safe and secure unit etc and the benefits that this type of enviroment offers.
I don't know whether the ddp level 3 is the same as the nvq 3 but I could link in lots of other knowledges in different units to a piece of work like this - so if you can go through them all save you repeating yourself lateron. Hope this helps a little.
Unread 11-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Ringer is on a distinguished road

I am also about to tackle this subject any ideas how or what I should assess for year six children and their areas?

Thanks

Ringer