Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Policy Procedure & Planning

Policy Procedure & Planning Preschool Nursery and Early years policy, procedure and planning discussions. Please use this forum for conversation regarding frameworks, finances, fees and the organisation of a childcare setting's paperwork

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 05-08-2008, 11:10 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road
Default Babysitting for parents policy

does anyone have a policy with guidelines for staff who do private work for the parents at the nursery? i think it would be good practice to remind them of confidentiality etc would love some opinions!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

DizzyDora is on a distinguished road

I had a similar case last year when a parent asked me to do some babysitting. I asked our development officer who was dead against. She felt some parents might think they were covered by the setting insurance if there was an accident etc
Unread 05-09-2008, 08:05 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

yep thats why i think we need a policy so everyone is clear. with pay as it is in many groups we need to ensure the staff can earn some money and be clear.
Unread 05-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road

Hi
A setting where I worked had a 'disclaimer' notice that clearly stated that although staff were available for private babysitting, and at what cost, the actual setting did not accept any responsability for this 'private' arrangement.

Surely you only need a policy if the setting is receiving a 'cut' of the money or the babysitting is happening on site?

Air
x
Unread 11-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

m1sspr0ject is on a distinguished road

we babysit where i work all the time. you need no policy as babysitting is out of work hours and nothing to do with them thats what sure start team have said.