Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 08-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

soniagold is on a distinguished road
Help SOS communicate to meet the needs of other adults

k4c766 - how, why and when may it be necessary to adapt the way you communicate to meet the needs of other adults.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-20-2008, 05:28 PM
cathys1

Think about why, how and when you might communicate differently. How would you feel if your boss spoke to you in the same way about everything?

I noticed you've put quite a lot of questions on here from different units. My tutor suggested working on one unit at a time, because sometimes you can cross reference stuff, and if you focus on one thing at a time you get into a train of thought about where the unit is taking you. Not saying she's right - but you might find it helps.
Unread 08-20-2008, 06:51 PM

thank you, to be honest i,ve been give 4 units to complete during the holidays, so just trying to get through them. but struggling.
Unread 08-20-2008, 07:13 PM
cathys1

oh ok - I would try and work through one at a time. 403 is very time consuming, and if you've done enough in 402 you may be able to cross reference a little bit here and there?! Also - use the search function of this site - you'll find lots of answers, even some of the level 3 units will start you off. Some books from the library too - I have 2, one from the college and a management one that I purchased through amazon. I refer to the books last, or when I study with a friend. Much prefer to use the search on here first, and if I'm still stuck, then I ask the question!

Why are you struggling? What aspect of the course is it you find hard? I would contact my tutor and ask for advice if I were you. I felt like that in the beginning, because our first tutor didn't tell us the level of detail we needed, but once the new one sat down she made it all make sense. Break each question down - talk about it in general terms, what it means to you and your setting - how can you prove that is what you do? What does it mean to the children? ETC. HTH
Unread 08-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, there's some excellent advice in cathys post, try not to push yourself over too much. Is your tutor available to being contacted whenever you feel the need to ?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-20-2008, 08:36 PM

thanks for the advice, I dont actually see my tutor until September. Got these units to start on.
Unread 08-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniagold View Post
thanks for the advice, I dont actually see my tutor until September. Got these units to start on.
I would concentrate on one at a time I would never have been able to focus on any more than one, Cathys right, you will be able to focus more easier on one. And remember NVQs are supposed to be done at your own rate, dont push yourself too hard, take regular breaks.