Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > OFSTED

OFSTED Discuss everything related to Ofsted in here ..

Discover the different ways that children learn

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 11-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Charleys Cat

Default Ofsted Requirements - Nappy Changing

Hi I wondered whether anyone can help me, in the new EYFS I know legal requirements as below for changing nappies,

There should be suitable hygienic changing facilities for changing any children who are in nappies and providers should ensure that an adequate supply of clean bedding, towels, spare clothes and any other necessary items are always available. Children should not be allowed access to any laundry facilities that are provided on site.

We have a Nappy changing Book which also lists date, time, child changed, whether wet or soiled and person changing child which we fill out at every changing time is this suffice for Otsted or do we need to list that disposable gloves and apron worn etc and fill out a novel? Does anyone else have a changing book and what other info do people put in? If so were osfsted happy with the book? Thanking you in advance.

-----------------------------------------