Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Learning activities

Early Learning activities A place to share information and request ideas relating to EY's activities

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-23-2008, 03:18 PM
ashash

Help SOS Activies wanted for babies

HI
can any one please help me i work in a private day care nursery and have just been moved into the baby room caring for children aged 6 to 18 months im bit unsure of resources i should be providing for the child. All the nursery seems to have is pop up , musical and rattle toys i tried painting with the babies yesterday all they did was eat the paint soo dread to try gluing (well could try it atleast they won't cry if they eat it they'll glue their lips together ha ha ha bless them) SORRY ONLY JOKING. i tried water play and 2 of them sreammmmmmed sand play they liked that.
also our support teacher was in nursery on yesterday and said i need to define the areas within the baby room
i have a book area, sand tray, rattle box, musical toys corner, blocks, eating area. what areas do you have?
also do you do any planning , individual planning or planning for the whole room
please help me i would really appricate your advice and guidedence

thanks in advance
ashley x x

Last edited by ashash : 04-23-2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: added more questions to be asked

-----------------------------------------