Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 06-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kittykatty2000 is on a distinguished road
Gross Activities

My assessor has asked me to do an gross indoor activity and a gross outdoor activity.

She has said I could use football as an gross outdoor activity but i'm not too keen on football so I was thinking of Tennis or Badmington as that will get the children to use there hand / eye coordination as well. Also I could possibly use it as an indoor one as well in the hall just in case.

Can anyone think of a gross activity to do indoors, as all I can think of is duck duck goose, but don't know if I will be allowed to use that one.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

shazbot is on a distinguished road

what about doing something like sticky kids cd our kids love it.
Unread 06-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

tbone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykatty2000 View Post
My assessor has asked me to do an gross indoor activity and a gross outdoor activity.

She has said I could use football as an gross outdoor activity but i'm not too keen on football so I was thinking of Tennis or Badmington as that will get the children to use there hand / eye coordination as well. Also I could possibly use it as an indoor one as well in the hall just in case.

Can anyone think of a gross activity to do indoors, as all I can think of is duck duck goose, but don't know if I will be allowed to use that one.
hi kitty are you allowed to use te hall if so what about an assault course using hoops to jump in and out cones to run and weave in and out bean bags to throw at target stepping stones to balance on hopscotch game skipping ropes or may be the song head shoulders knees /toes hope this heps tbone
Unread 06-14-2009, 09:44 PM

Hey Shazbot what is 'sticky kids' never heard of that.
Also Tbone I would love to do an assault course but where I work in an Out Of School Club but within in a school who hates us sharing things it very difficult, so I have a small supplies of resouces. Plus the school has a football, dance group going on at the same time as us, so we are stuck in a smallish classroom.

As you can see these are the reason why I am finding this one quite hard to do, as the indoor gross activity is hard for me to try and figure out.
Thank you for trying to help me so far tbone and shazbot.
Unread 06-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

cosmos23 is on a distinguished road

Jelly beans is great and the children love it ;

jumping beans - children jump!
jelly beans - wiggle
frozen beans - freeze/ still
runner beans - run on spot
broad beans - arms stretched out side ways
hot beans - hop from one foot to the other
french beans - children put their hand out say ooh laa laa
chilli beans - rub arms to act cold
string beans - stand straight with arms stretched up
beans on toast - on all fours

children often make their own suggestions / combinations too. Children need to find their own space and be aware of others space too. Hope this helps
Unread 06-14-2009, 11:31 PM

cosmos23 is on a distinguished road

Another thought - how about the '' Bear Hunt''
Unread 06-15-2009, 09:57 AM

janeb is on a distinguished road

Hi KittyKatty,

Why not start with a warm-up game like Beans and then move onto some skills.

I like to let the children have some time for free exploration of 'PE' equipment - beanbags, balls, frisbees, ropes, stilts, hoops etc. Let them find different ways of using the equipment - it can be very informative and great or assessment purposes.

Then move onto some skills - how about early tennis/badminton skills. First, get the children to balance a beanbag on a bat (bat hold should be like a 'handshake' grasp)...then toss it like a pancake...swap it for a ball and balance again...push the ball around on the floor and stop on command, change direction...pat the ball to each other, firstly using their hands and then, if appropriate, use the bats...

Don't forget to finish with a cool-down activity - I like to get the children to be 'soggy balloons', taking deep breaths to blow themselves up as bog as possible...and then letting all their air out with big raspberry noises as they run around the area bfore sinking to the ground and becoming still.:running:

Have fun!
Unread 06-15-2009, 10:31 AM

Thank you cosmos23 I am defently going to use the Jelly Bean activity for the indoor one. I think I might defently be doing something with badmington or tennis outside to be fun.

Thank you one and all for your ideas, your all brill
Unread 06-15-2009, 11:47 AM

cats is on a distinguished road

Hi
For Gross, you could do skipping, playing with tea sets, self-dressing, water toys and sand, play dough, board games, parachute games, push and pull toys, climbing equip. bat and ball games and hoops. I hope this helps
Unread 06-15-2009, 12:23 PM

Thank you Venice I didn't realise I could use sand play as a gross activity, thank you again