Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 06-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

JUICY ASHLEIGH is on a distinguished road
Help SOS How Can I Get A Referance For This

This is my last assignment and im struggling to find a referance for this question

there are a number of reasons why it is important to be a reflective practioner these include .............

i have wrote making sure the childrens activitys are fun and not boring and changing things around example when planting seeds make sure that u grow all different plants as watching the same plant grow over and opver again is going to b boring and the children will loose intereat also make it fun as this is a good learning oppertunity for the children

my brain as frozen n cant think of any thing else to put and have no clue how to get a rerference for this :BANGHEAD:

ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECHATEDXX

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-04-2010, 12:49 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICY ASHLEIGH View Post
This is my last assignment and im struggling to find a referance for this question

there are a number of reasons why it is important to be a reflective practioner these include .............

i have wrote making sure the childrens activitys are fun and not boring and changing things around example when planting seeds make sure that u grow all different plants as watching the same plant grow over and opver again is going to b boring and the children will loose intereat also make it fun as this is a good learning oppertunity for the children

my brain as frozen n cant think of any thing else to put and have no clue how to get a rerference for this :BANGHEAD:

ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECHATEDXX

Write about reflection in everything you do - be it practice, policy and procedure.

As you are carrying anything out, if you can think of a better way to benefit the children/nursery/parents , you've reflected, then you speak to your colleagues, try it, review/assess it and if it's sucessful, you implement it into your procedures and may add it into your policies.

Safety is a classic one we are always reflecting, to ensure we keep make children safe - i.e.
after the recent issues with Vanessa George, many settings reviewed their safety policies and procedures regarding mobile phones. Settings would then decide what they felt was appropriate for them - if they had many rooms, perhaps mobile phones were locked away, with their landline used for emergency staff telephone calls. Settings such as playgroups/pre-schools, operating from one room may decide to place all mobile phones in view of everyone.

As well as reflection keeping everything fresh and up-to-date/current (no playgroup has stood still for the last 40 years) it's vital to keep reflecting on your practice because 'one size does fit not all' - we have to cater for a child's individual needs.

Looking/reflecting any activty, you adapt or change for different children, you're reflecting/thinking constantly.
I think it's the word reflecting that makes you wonder what can you write about, when you are probably doing it, but 'filing' it in your brain under your own heading.

Reflection enables change, change does not have to be drastic, change often evolves gradually - if you think of an activity you have be doing over the years - try and think of all the small changes you may have made until it is what it is today - reflection - bit by bit to improve.

It could be something simple such as outdoor play - you had mud everywhere (safety and messy/staining), so you asked parents to send slippers in. It doesn't always have to be the children's learning - but the environment in which they learn/are in.