Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 06-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

gracygrey is on a distinguished road
Default 4 months??? Really?

Hi,

I just bumped into a young lady who is currently nannying and we got discussing qualifications etc... she said that she had completed her level 3 in just 4 months? I know my coursework is taking ages becuase of family etc.. but that seems far too quick to develop a proper understanding. She even said that she 'got away' with just writing a couple of sentences for some parts. Is a level 3 diploma acheivable in just 4 months?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-21-2011, 09:44 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately people with private training companies and train to gain whizz through it. it is appalling. The company gets paid by the results so just focus on the outcome. i can tell almost instantly someone who has sped through a level 3 they have of depth of knowledge no personal development and more importantly no appreciation of the process of learning and reflection that embedding knowledge brings. And people wonder why we as a profession aren't valued! imagine a nurse whizzing through. I always look at the time span on the training section of the CV or application form and dont even short list rushers.
You take your time embed your learning and appreciate the personal development it will bring. some will argue against me but the proof, as they say, is in the pudding and being a higher level lecturer believe me theres many sent back to the kitchen!
Unread 06-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

gracygrey is on a distinguished road

Thanks Tutu,

I must admit as much as I would love to finish the course sooner and am indeed being pushed to do so, I want to take my time to really understand what I am learning, not just reword bits from a text book. I see it as being responsible for children and their well being and development. As you point out I would not want a medical professional to operate on me if all they have done is a few online assessments
It was funny though that I said I was amazed that after only 4 months she could run a pre-school she looked at me and said "never thought of it that way, wow guess I could" and then laughed.
I am not belittling anyone on here who is able to do the course quicker than myself but was just amazed by this girls comments!!
Unread 06-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

AnnieC72 is on a distinguished road

Well im currently doing the level 3 diploma and it is supposed to be an extension of the NVQ2. Its a 9mth course but when i signed up it took 5mths for the standards to come through to actually be able to do the work. My NVQ2 was only 4 units of essays and this course has 21. I've only cleared 8 units so far, have 13 more to do and under 4 weeks to do it, so its gonna be impossible i think. My safeguarding unit alone was 40 pages !!!
Unread 06-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

persie is on a distinguished road

I agree with anyone that says this course should not be rushed. I would be very wary of any1 who 'achieved' any qualification equivalent to this or above in such a short time. I also heard recently that in my area the local would not allow any1 under 21 to undertake level 3 CCLD but have since heard of a 17yr old who will be starting nxt yr. I kno her she is a nice kid but wouldn't have the level of maturity to supervise staff
Unread 06-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Claire36 is on a distinguished road

Hi I recently finished my Level 3 Diploma CYPW having previously done my NVQ 2 CCLD, it took me around 9 months and I spent lots of time (my day off, most evenings and time at the weekend) reading and researching.

It's a good course and it's definately had a positive effect on my professional development and made me question things more.

Looking forward to gaining experience and knowledge. I would like to do the Foundation Degree in CYPW in the future, but that's at least two years away.

Good luck to you all. X
Unread 06-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

tessie is on a distinguished road

I'm on my second to last Unit on Level 3 Childcare. I started around about mid-February. Since then I have been working solidly every afternoon (weekdays only) apart from one full day a week when I am not at work. Sometimes I worked until 8.00 pm, other times 7.00 pm or 6.00 pm. I do want to finish this Course, but at the same time I have gained personal professional development along the way. By the way, I have been working with pre-school children for over 20 years so did not get too stressed out as most of the work was straightforward but I am on the Advanced Apprenticeship course which included doing English and Maths assignments and English and Maths Tests which was not fun as lots of time was spent on revision in the two weeks before the Maths Test. I would feel very offended if someone didn't take me on because my Level 3 was completed in under five months - I have been working very hard and adding as much info as possible in each criteria so that I would not be required to go back and add more!