Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 06-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Amywadsie is on a distinguished road
Default PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME xxplease!! xx

i am new to this site and basically need help. i Have just recently applied and been accepted into college on a part time course children and young ppls workforce level 2. the tutor at the college said that i could if i wanted to skip level 2 and go straight onto doing the level 3. Has anyone done so? Is level 2 hard? Is it best to do level 2 first and gradually work my way up x instead of diving str8 int doin level 3 xx please someone reply i havent got long left to make up my mind, any advice/ help is greatly appreciated! xxxxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, you've had a really useful reply to your other thread. If you'd like to take a look at the level 2 units to see what areas of work you'll be undertaking you can download them from the bottom of this page on the archived CWDC website level 2 certificate Children & young peoples workforce

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:06 PM

So do u think its a bad idea skipping level 2? Im really confused as different ppl tellin me they done it n was fine . :/ duno wat to do
?
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:50 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

yes. do the level 2 it is the best pathway
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Honestly I think course providers who enrol students straight on to a level three are setting them up for potential 1/2/3 years of headache, heartache, misery and stress.

Do I think you'd complete a level 3 once enrolled, yes.

Do I think you'll receive support from those advising you that you'll be fine - to a degree.

Do I think you'd feel it worth the anguish once you'd finally reached the other side, yes.

Do I think you'd of enjoyed learning about children and what it takes to support every aspect of their development & learning - no, nor do I think, initially that you'll feel as confident in your professional knowledge and understanding as a progressive level 2 then 3er. but I can gurantee that you'll find times that make you remember the course more favourably. Like when someone replies to you online and offers you the support that seems impossible to find else where. Member's that were cajouled to enrol on a level 3 have my greatest admiration for the fight they've endured to secure the necessary support and encouragement for success.

It's possible you'll spend nights, days, thinking you have to study, that you've got to research, that you don't know where the time is going to come from, how you'll be able to meet deadlines, that you'll fail if it isn't done, that so much money will be wasted if you don't comit and find a way of doing something. You might experience moments of sheer panic, not know who to turn to for help, find friends unable to give you the answers that you need in order to just write it out and send it off. You might contemplate copying and pasting information you find on the internet just to get an assignment over and done with.

Will I be glad to have you pop back in here to let us know how things are going whether you take the 2, 3, 4 or any other level, share what you've achieved, what you need help with, and when you post to celebrate your certificate arriving ... yes :) xx

This is now up to you, money is a consideration but so is your professional development and how that happens. If you're serious about providing children and their families with the best practice ever and for you to enjoy your own learning & development I would advise looking at the level 2 units and the preview of the level 2 handbook to see what it involves before considering the level 3 which you can look into funding for once the 2 and any functional skills tests have finalised.

I'm thinking the £800 is for a means tested level 3? you might find the 2 a little cheaper.

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:55 AM

abbe is on a distinguished road

if you have been out of study for a while then I would go for the 2. its the terminology rather than the actual work content if that makes sense.
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:24 AM

Ruthierhyme....thank you for ur long reply... I have gone for the level 3. Some may think im mad. But I have the determination and support to achieve the goal of passing. I also have like u say.. help and support from this amazing forum I stumbled upon! When I set my mimd on something I am determined to do it. Although it may be very tough and I know I will struggle at times. But I have a very supportive husband and my tutor has assured me there monthly drop in workshops for any help I need. The £800 was level 2. Tje level 3 is £1990 ! But I am applyin for the 24+ loan.
Abbe thank u also for ur reply. But as u can see iv chose level 3. I hope ur all supportive and helpful as u hav been xx
Unread 06-24-2013, 12:27 PM

rosany is on a distinguished road
Default hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amywadsie View Post
i am new to this site and basically need help. i Have just recently applied and been accepted into college on a part time course children and young ppls workforce level 2. the tutor at the college said that i could if i wanted to skip level 2 and go straight onto doing the level 3. Has anyone done so? Is level 2 hard? Is it best to do level 2 first and gradually work my way up x instead of diving str8 int doin level 3 xx please someone reply i havent got long left to make up my mind, any advice/ help is greatly appreciated! xxxxx

I think you should do level 2 before doing level 3, i am finish level 3 last week, my teacher is very good, if you want i can give you the address to contact her.
the course only takes 5 months if you really put yourself into it.
Children and young people workforce is very hard, but if you do level 2 first you will find level 3 very easier also by doing level 2 before level 3 you will not need to do all the units and questions in some units on level 3.
I have some colleagues that didn't do level 2 now they are struggle to coupe with
level 3 one of them only have done one unit still, since we started in February.
This site is very good you know! it will help you a lot to do your assignments.
Unread 06-24-2013, 12:49 PM

Hello rosany. Where r u based as all well n gud givin me ur tutors details but if miles away no point lol x im currently doin a level 2 english course too which I thought I'dstruggle with but my tutor said my writing skills are excellent. I love this site already! Its nice to have encouragement and chat too x :)
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:11 AM

abbe is on a distinguished road

this place is fab, you need to do what is right for you x