Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 03-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

amzleigh is on a distinguished road
Help SOS K3D224 - neel help last question in 304 eally stuck!

K3D244 - How reflection can ehance and use personal expirence to increase confidence?

any one got any ideas ive got the penny tassoni book childrens care learning and development but isn't seaming to help very much.
thanks to ever1 who posts =D x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-18-2009, 02:05 PM
princess_emzybubs

a wrote about how reflection has made me feel better about something i have done at work
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

when you reflect(look back) and see what worked well/how the children responded it gives you confidence as youll know what to do next time to make it better or might give you confidence to try something new etc
Unread 05-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Nikinoo is on a distinguished road

I am also stuck on this question. I have to give 3 examples so am completely stuck, please help :)
Unread 07-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

tinkerbell190 is on a distinguished road

hi im stuck on this one to,im new here and almost finished the course
Unread 07-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

fluffy bunny is on a distinguished road

Hiya,

I did this question as a professional discussion with my tutor and i talked about an activity i did with the children at christmas when i was being observed, I'd set up the creative table up with different coloured glitters, different coloured and shaped tinsel etc for the children to make christmas cards for their parents. Out of 8 children in the setting only 1 wanted to do the activity. After the session I reflected on the activity, and thought about what i could of done to get the other children interested and involved ie having more things to decorate, having more choices of materials etc. I was disappointed that only one child wanted to do the activity i had prepare especially as i was being observed by my tutor.

The next week when i had the same children, still focusing on the xmas theme, we had been given a little red post box and i said to the children that i was going to write a letter to santa and post it in the box. The activity went brilliant all the children were involved in either drawing a picture or doing their version of a letter. One child wanted me to write the words for chocolates, perfume etc and he tried to copy the letters which was fantastic. The children put their letters in an envelope and posted them. Again when the session was over and i had time to reflect on the afternoon my placement supervisor came over and said how pleased she was with what i had done and thanked me very much. I felt really good and it gave me the incentive to try something different next week.

Having reflection identifies weaknesses and this is a positive thing, since informed practitioners can take steps to develop their practice. They can feel good about improving their work performance. Focusing on strengths and achievements can increase confidence and self-esteem.

Hope this gives you an idea, gud luk

fluffy bunny