Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 03-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

super gran is on a distinguished road
Default am stuck

Am doing unit 301 and i have to do a reflective account on communicating with children,to clarify ,confirm points and encouraging questions and ideas but the children i work with are under 1 and a half and i have just gone blank ,can anyone give me some pointers to help me start thanks x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hiya,

Questioning & ideas don't always come in the way of verbal, speech or discussion. Look at participation, interaction, movements, actions, body language & facial expression, eye contact.

It's possible to question something by raising an eyebrow, by holding up hands to gesture the stopping of something - this would question if its wanted or not, reaching out to have a go/take an object can question the process of doing something and how it's achieved ..

How does a triangle block fit into the circular hole of the shape sorter ..

To clarify and to confirm from freedictionary.com

When you play a game such as Pat a cake pat a cake, you clarify and confirm the actions involved - possibly by showing actions/claps slowly, demonstrating with emphasis by holding your hands in the line of sight and bringing them together to form & sound out the clap, do you nod your head, keep eye contact and smile whilst doing this? You may then invite or encourage questioning by gesturing for the child/ren to have a go as well. Share ideas by helping them to form the clap or rhythm if needed. Sharing ideas could also be if the clapping adapts - maybe moving to the knees or to one of your hands, the floor or another toy.

Alternatively, could you use snack time foods and the selections on offer as the base for your ra - clarify & confirm by naming & pointing to fruits/finger foods, show that this is what's available today - use language, verbal & body that explains that that's all there is. Invite/encourage questioning by seeing if the Children like these foods - ask if they taste nice/good. Share ideas by asking if they would like to take more/another or other pieces - hold out the plate and offer the foods from it, maybe extend this to finding something different to put the fruit on or in?

I hope this has helped a little xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

super gran is on a distinguished road
Smile

thank you that has helped alot