Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 10-01-2008, 01:36 PM
happyfaze

Default Unit 303 K3D218 (13)

I feel as i am coming to end my brain is dying. My portfolio came back from my assessor i had missed this question out. Encourage babies to learn and develop from birth through practising skills and repeating activites.
Am i right in reading that it means teaching baby to hold bottle, roll over etc and in repeating activities like singing songs, shape sorters it helps them develop
oh god this sounds as if i dont know what i am doing and i have been child minding for 10 years!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-01-2008, 01:54 PM
topaz glam

Yes, you are right. Any activities which a repetative in anyway. Singing the same song a few times & on a regular basis will encourage communication & language development.
Puzzles & shape sorters used regularly or doing it once then straight away doing it agian children develop the associated skills. Regularly playing on large play equipment...anything like that.

I'm surprised that this hasn't been covered in a direct observation or through a reflective account!
Unread 10-01-2008, 03:31 PM
happyfaze

Default 303 K3D218

Thank you so much for confirming this for me. It had been covered now i look book thru observations done by assessor but not noted. Can not use them as have been signed off. Also had change of assessor which did not help. Thank you again.
Unread 10-01-2008, 04:55 PM
topaz glam

A change of assessor is always difficult. I don't quite understand why you caan't use a previous observation for it if it was written by your current assessor though!?!

Glad that helped you though!
xx
Unread 10-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

rubycat is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I would look through all evidence already in your portfolio and if you see you have covered some or all of the information, place a post it note against the position on the page and give it back to the assessor to reassess. You can do this for any units, pc's knowledge throughout your folder as the more you do the more you will think you have covered it before. For instance if you find a reflective accout that partially covers information, you can add a bit more to the same one and hand it in for remarking pencilling in the pc/k.no. were necessary. Failing that you can get a witness statement or an observation sheet/tick chart that shows that activities have been repeated over a period of time.
Unread 02-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

shaz73 is on a distinguished road

thanks topaz glam. im new to the forum and have just got some ideas from one of your posts. xx