Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 11-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

mizz c is on a distinguished road
Default help

hi i have not started my placement yet as i am awaiting vetting forms,i need to start writng a log evidence its unit 301.1.7 k3c172 it says write a log evidence describing an instance when you have had to maintain confidentiality about an individual child. can anybody give me an example please

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

fluffy bunny is on a distinguished road

hi mizz c,
k3c172 is the importance of being sensitive to communication difficulties with children and how to adapt the way you communicate to different situations. I worked with a little boy who is 3yrs old he can't walk or talk. I spent alot of time with him so I got to know what he liked and didnt like by talking to staff and by trial and error. I communicated with him a little differently from what I did with the other children. For example he didnt like noise, so I would take him to the quiet part of the nursery and talk, sing and give him different objects to explore. When we went out into the garden the other children went off to play, this little boy had to be put in his walker to help strengthen his legs, he was very upset because he didnt like it. I got down to his level and made eye contact with him and I slowly sang a nursery rhyme he joined in, in his own special way. He held my hands and smiled. I felt great that I been able to communicate with him, I was also fortunate my placement supervisor was standing behind me and she said she hadn't seen him do that before, so it was all documented in his personal file for access by his key worker, the outside professional help he has and his parents to show how he is progressing.

So it depends on the children you maybe working with, you use what is appropriate for the age and stage of the child. You may need visual aids to help children like picture cards, photographs and maybe Makaton sign language to help communicate with children. By getting down to there level, making eye contact, talking slowly and possibly moving the child away into a quiet area will help them to communicate with you.

The importance of being sensitive to communication difficulties with children, each child is an individual and we must respect this. Children will express themselves in various different ways, and as you get to know the children you'll get to know when they want a drink or go to the toilet by facial expressions or body language if they cant tell you themselves.

I hope this has helped a little. keep going you can do it!!

Gud luck fluffly bunny