Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 02-18-2009, 01:09 AM
cathys1

Help SOS Unit 407 k4d868

How to model effective work with children in the delivery of early learning and advise and support those who are involved

Think I have wandered off track just very slightly on this question! :blush: Anyone care to help? So far I have talked lots about working with parents, how knowing the children well can inform planning etc and help the settingrun smoothly because the children are doing things they enjoy, and will gets lots of learning from it, using my observations, reflections etc. Then about how I role model behaviour to the children.
Next I've talked about how I help students with EYFS / how I role modell to them etc, but I feel like I've talked a load of nonsense!!!!!!

Been working on this unit solid last 2 days! Need sleep!!!

Can't thank you enough if you can help.

Cathy

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

sounds ok to me I also added about staff meetings These meetings enable staff to put forward new ideas initiatives and make suggestions for improvement for our provision and curriculum planning, this includes our whole team of staff.
The manager encourages staff to attend regular continuous development training related to the curriculum to further develop their knowledge. The manager needs to regularly review the quality of the planning ensuring it meets the needs of the children , sources of information to assist with curriculum planning are;
Early year’s advisors, ofsted, teachers, health and safety inspectors, EYDCPs. Social services, older children, in the play work setting, foster children's carers, cluster groups and websites for example information on special educational needs, local libraries’, local members of the community e.g. police etc.
The manager needs to advise staff daily during sessions, she also advises and supports staff with working with children at regular staff appraisals, supervision meetings, she also advise’s staff on continuous professional development opportunities in our area to meet their needs. Basically all those things we do to support staff in their roles and help and advise them.
Unread 02-18-2009, 03:20 PM
cathys1

Thanks Brandy

I childmind, so not all relevant, just have students occassionally, but I can use lots of the info to show awareness of other settings too.

I am very grateful for your help.