Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 07-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kittykatty2000 is on a distinguished road
Whoop whoop - yayy Great News

Hi All,

I LOVE MY NEW ASSESSOR, she is brilliant as she gave some wicked news. I got told in thee start by my old assessor that it would take me a year to complete the couse so it would be Jan '10' when I would finish. But today mmy old assessor has now told me that I should have it finished by about Sept/Nov time this year.

I am so happy to hear this as not so long back I wrote on here that I couldn't take no more, had enough and felt like I couldn't go on with it anymore. I am now so glad that I carried it on and never quit as I the news today is fantastic.

Thank you to everyone on here who has helped me to keep going.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

That's fantastic news, congratulations to you both. Let us know how it goes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 07-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

abc is on a distinguished road

that good to hear.well done you can do this,hik positive ok
Unread 07-16-2009, 06:34 PM

Just went through all the questions that I have left to do, my assessor must be mad if she thinks im gona be able to finish it early, there bout 99 of them to do ahhhhhhhhhhhh.
I know I have been doing some of them fast but all the rest that are left seems like the hard ones and they all the knowledge evidence ones on: 301, 303, 305 and 306. Lets hope I can get them all done, as you said abc 'think positive' must keep telling myself that.
Unread 07-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

S4d4f is on a distinguished road

oh lovely 2 hear that u know where the light is...LOL...same here iv got KE and PC for 4 optionals to finish off....all my obs have been completed!!! cant wait to finish!!!
Unread 07-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

yakidodo is on a distinguished road

It really makes a hugh difference if your assessor is nice and willing to help you, instead of the ones who like to "dot every i and cross every t". A pat on the back or a well done really does go along way and gives you a real boost. My first was the"dot every i" one, my 2nd assessor was wonderful. It's not just the children we care for that needs a little bit of praise, it's us students who work really hard on getting our course finished.
I hope assessors out there take note.
Unread 07-18-2009, 03:40 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakidodo View Post
It really makes a hugh difference if your assessor is nice and willing to help you, instead of the ones who like to "dot every i and cross every t".
i want my assessors to dot every t !! thank you very much i dont want to churn out any old student i want one who is competent in every area. they re not your friend they are the people to who you are to prove your worth. if they re nice its a bonus but theyre there to test you not hold your hand. if you cant prove your worth then i dont want to employ you.
Unread 07-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

I like to think I can manage both - dot and cross + plus support my candiates in a postive way! I want them to stay motivated and become excellent practioners.

xxx
Unread 07-19-2009, 10:03 AM

I think you need an assessor who can be there for you and help you through, especially if your like me and find it hard to do courses, so having someone who can help you through the course is a must and can explain things to you. Instead of being some one who is not helpful, pleasent and only there because it's there job. An assessor is like a teacher, they need to be there for you and be able to help and explain things in way that you will understand, so being nice comes with that.

No offence tutu but you saying if you can't prove yourself then your not worth employing, that is a very negative attitude that can put people off doing courses. I struggle doing courses but I can do the job really really well and have worked with children for many years. Employers have to take into concideration peoples abilities, stengths and weaknesses. Just because someone may struggle with doing something and can not prove they are not worth it in that part, does not mean they are not worth employing. Anybody with that attitude is a bad employee!!!

This was a thread to say how happy I was with the news that I got, and reading comments like that puts me right off, doing any threads in the futire and sharing my news. Thank you so much tutu for making my thread not so much a happy one.

Thank you to everyone else who has put lovely comments
Unread 07-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

abc is on a distinguished road

good luck with it. my tutor helps me when im stuck and work too so dnt worry about it if u get stuck that y there there to help u from the beginning to the end,im on unit 305 but i still need find out my september timetable i hopefully finsh in jan 2010 my a 9 month course. :)