Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 07-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Contributor

ItsMeg96 is on a distinguished road
I have a question unit 309 Promote children’s speech, language and communication development

My mind has just gone blank. I don't know what to write, I feel like I just keep repeating myself!

Explain how speech, language and communication SLC skills promote children’s development in the following areas:

(a) Literacy and numeracy/mathematics
(b) Emotional
(c) Behaviour
(d) Social

Any help would be appreciated!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-04-2016, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, thank you for your support.

This is a quote from the EYMP 5 Learner materials.

Speech, language and communication are crucial skills, central to children’s development. Supporting babies and children to develop these skills is vitally important, particularly in the early years, and can have many positive effects on all areas of a child’s development. Practitioners working with babies and children in the early years have a very important role in supporting children’s speech, language and communication.

Page 294 of the Heinemann handbook examines the impact of SCL on the areas of development listed.

Emotional Development:
Being able to control our emotions is a major part of emotional development. Babies and toddlers struggle with this, but as language develops they find it easier because they can express themselves.

Behaviour
Being able to manage your behaviour is about self-control. Young children are impulsive and find it hard to control their behaviour changes.

Social development
Emotional development is linked to being able to control your own emotions and social development builds on this.

Page 76 Early identification and intervention:
Language is linked to the development of literacy. This means children who have poor speech find it hard to understand the link between sounds and letter shapes and so writing can be delayed. Writing can also be affected as you need 'words' in order to write.

http://www.talkingpoint.org.uk/ey-workers/eymp-5

Hope this helps you start, best wishes

Avoid plagiarism - do not copy and paste any information and submit the work as your own.
the cost of ad blockers

Last edited by Support : 07-05-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Unread 07-12-2016, 05:32 PM
Contributor

ItsMeg96 is on a distinguished road
SOS Stuck again!

Thanks for your help on the previous post! Now i'm stuck with this one :(..
Explain the positive effects of adult support for the children and their parents/carers

I've written a little but now i'm stuck
Unread 07-12-2016, 10:39 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Claire_LATC is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I have recently done this and handed in today but this is what i wrote for it

Improvements in speech, language and communication skills – with continuous praise and encouragement from adults they will be able to take more enjoyment out of learning new speaking and listening activities.
Improvements in behaviour – through increased communication skills there would be less need for aggression, they will be able to learn to manage their behaviour.
Improvements in emotional development/self-confidence – knowing they have the adults’ support and reassurance, not being judged or criticised will build on their ability to be resilient.
Improvements in social interaction – developing self-confidence will impact their communication skills with others, they will feel more socially comfortable and confident to talk/interact and share their ideas.

Hope this helps you
Claire