Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 03-31-2013, 05:56 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

PixieP is on a distinguished road
Default PLEASE please HELP 2.15

hey all I'm wondering if you could help me
I'm DESPERATELY trying to finish off my folder work, but I'm stuck on a few questions,
atm the main one is from unit TDA 2.15 Support children n young people with disabilities and special educational needs.
The question is
Describe the principles of working inclusively with disabled children and young people and those with special educational needs.

My brain seems to have up and left me!
Any help would be AMAZING

also any idea on the self evaluation questions in unit 2.6, questions 1.4, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6..... I'm really bad at self evaluation especially as I'm just learning the course and don't actually work in a school, i don't see how to answer this with only 10 days experience..... HELP PLEASE :) please. thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

LKP is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I'm not sure if you still need the help or not, but perhaps this might help someone

Inclusive education is underpinned by principles including:
• Every child has the right to quality education
• All children should have equal opportunity to access education.
• Children’s views must be listened to and taken seriously as an active participant in school and in their own learning.
• All aspects of education, including the curriculum, teaching methods, school environments must offer opportunities for promoting inclusion.
(also the Equality Act may help reinforce the principles here)

No school should turn the child down because of a special educational need or disability as this will mean they have been discriminated against just because of the child’s specific needs, as long as the school has the provision to meet the child’s needs then there shouldn’t be an issue.
All children and young people should be given the opportunity to access all areas of the curriculum, for example, if a child who has problems with their fine motor skills use different resources to others, this could be a thicker pencil which will make it easier for the child to grip or a child who has problems with their gross motor skills will need an aid to help them join in with PE, that way the child will not feel left out and support meeting the outcomes.

Also as I did the CYPW, I am a little unsure of the other questions and units, but if you want to send me a message I'll be happy to help