Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 04-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

steph020106 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS help pls SHC22 1.2

hi ALL, but could any one help me with these questions-

shc22 1.2

Identify the laws that cover the way you carry out your role. E.g. The protection of children act, health and safety act of 1974, coshh 2002 childrens act.

and

Identify the National cirriculum requirements that affect the way you work

if u could help that would be great thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-29-2013, 08:36 PM

Fairy86 is on a distinguished road

Hiya,
I have had this signed off recently, This is what I put:
There are certain standards that all settings and those working within them must comply with, these can include:
 Minimum National standards
 Codes of practice
 Regulations and
 National Occupational Standards
These standards set out certain values and principles that will help children to develop, thrive and grow.
I then included the regulations that need to be observed too:

Children Act 2004
This gives a legal basis for how social services and other agencies deal with issues relating to children. The principals of this act are:
 To help make a positive contribution to the lives of children
 To allow children to be healthy
 Assist children to thrive and be safe in their own environment
 To allow children to succeed and enjoy life.
 To help achieve an economic stability for children’s future
The act was brought about to help legally underpin the ‘Every child Matters’ policy. Many but not all principals of this act affect the way I carry out my role within the pre-school setting.

The care standards Act 2000
Ofsted Early Years are responsible for regulating and inspecting according to the requirements of the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage).

Data protection Act

National Occupational Standards

These standards may be different depending on which of the four countries of United Kingdom you live in, here in England the governing body is OFSTED. In Scotland it is HMle, Wales is Estyn and Ireland ETl.

Hope that helps a little
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:34 AM

steph020106 is on a distinguished road

hi, thanks for the info I live in England and have to include these laws? The protection of children act, health and safety act of 1974, coshh 2002 childrens act.
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:07 PM

Fairy86 is on a distinguished road

If you google them you should find some useful info, I think I did do something regards health and safety act 1974, will have a look and let you know. oh and national curriculum for under 5's is the EYFS, If you take a look on the forums here there are some good links and useful info