Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 10-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Mrs Label is on a distinguished road
S.T&L Level 3 Diploma --Apprenticeship

Hi, I have thouroughly enjoyed researching and completing Level 3 STL Cert. I was over the moon when I was asked if I wanted to go ahead and complete another 3-4 units and go for the Diploma.
However, I am not happy at having to do the key skills. I havn't got a specific 'test paper', everything I've been asked to do has been by word of mouth from my assessor in the form of ...just do this, or,...just do that. Then , ...Oh this has to be duplicated, and in the case of the literacy,
DO NOT do it perfect!!! As far as I can see I have to make a total ~#@* of it so that the assessor can justify her job and 'correct' my work!
Has any one else had to do any thing similar?? Mrs Label

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-01-2012, 07:46 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

if you have a level 2 qualification ie a gcse grade c or above english and maths you dont have to do it BUT if you dont then it is a condition of your finding that you do and also you would be lucky in the future to get a job without it. in our schools and with council settings you have to have level 2 to apply for the jobs
on the other hand assessors are appalling in many companies as it is all about saving money
Unread 10-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Mrs Label is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
if you have a level 2 qualification ie a gcse grade c or above english and maths you dont have to do it BUT if you dont then it is a condition of your finding that you do and also you would be lucky in the future to get a job without it. in our schools and with council settings you have to have level 2 to apply for the jobs
on the other hand assessors are appalling in many companies as it is all about saving money
I have done Level 2! I have English 'O' Level, I have 'O' Level Maths BUT.... I have been told by the assessor that these qualifications only last for 5 years.
I think college is making that up so that we all sign up in a panic to resit our qualifications (more money going into college! ) Ive been in my job for 14 years now and I'm no spring chick!!