Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > EYs Foundation Degree

EYs Foundation Degree Please use this forum to discuss the Foundation Degree ... assignment queries, integration of information into practice and other areas of learning ..

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 02-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

mama-bear is on a distinguished road
Default OU Foundation Degree

Hi guys,

I have just finished my NVQ 4 and am thinking about doing my degree with the OU. Just wondered if people think its worth it?
How many hours study am I looking at doing a week as I am at work for 50 hours and Im not sure if it would be realistic for me to do it?

Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-07-2012, 09:15 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

OU is a great way to study IF you are disciplined and organised, the good thing is you can do it is little pieces module by module. i personally think every course is worth it and a degree is superb as it stretches your thoughts into areas practice never considers really getting to the nub of theory. BUT it is a LOT of work and you have to plan it down to the last hour. my degree students do about 4 to 6 hrs a week in addition to their college day. with the OU you are given a timetable to keep which does help if you can stick to it.
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

hi, i have almost completed my 4th year with the OU, will have completed the foundation degree in may this year, i work full time and have a family of my own. I have struggled at times but have passed all assignments and exam. I must admit I dont always do all the work the OU asks you to do, I do enough to pass the assignments, this is sometimes 4 hours study per week then the week of assignment it goes up to 20 hours, the OU say you should do an average of 16 hours study per week. there are tutorials you can attend every 6 weeks or so but ive only every managed to get to one due to family commitments at the weekend. It can be done but it is a struggle at times, there are very good support groups on facebook for most modules too.