Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 02-20-2018, 10:09 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

lucylaroche is on a distinguished road
I'm confused CYP 3.3 outcome 5.2

I have been trying to get this question done and have a idea of what i need to write but having problems with how to write it.

any help will be great its the last question i have to do before handing in my assignment and its stressing me out.

thank you in advance.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-21-2018, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, the easiest way to find the words is to use what's written in your setting's policy and procedures and then write about what's expected of you in these situations xx

CYP 3.3 5.3 Explain how to support a child or young person and/or their family when bullying is suspected or alleged

Qoute from page 127 of the CYPW handbook: When dealing with someone who is being bullied it is important to remember that they will be very upset although they may not show it on the outside. If they have plucked up the courage to talk to you then they need to know you will take their concern seriously.

In case of an older child, it is good idea to ask them to write down exactly what happened and who was there so that you can speak to other people. The more information you have, the better you will be able to deal with the problem and the faster you can sort out exactly what happened.

Reassure the victim that you will be back in touch with them as soon as you have completed your investigation and that if there are any more problems in the meantime they must let you know.

Supporting the family
Parents can find it very hard to know how to help their child if they are being bullied. Some parents will have to cope with news that it is their child who is the bully., You need to know how to support parents in both these cases.

Best practice checklist
Supporting a victim
  • talk to them out of earshot of other children
  • listen to the child or young person
  • believe what they tell you
  • reassure them that you will take the complaint seriously
  • write down exactly what happened and who was there
  • do not promise to keep it a secret
  • tell them you will help them by telling someone in authority
  • explain how you will investigate the complaint
  • be back in touch with them as soon as you have news
Listen to parents: let them explain how they are feeling. Direct them to useful information so that they can start to think how to support their child.

Websites: Bullying uk - Childline

Forum member's reply https://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16766

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers