Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 12-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Angel 24 is on a distinguished road
Default stuck on my p.c's for 301

I have no idea what to put. I have unit 301 element 4 pc 5.
this says
Recognise when there are communication difficulties and adapt the way you communicate accordingly.

pc 6
handle any disagreements with other adults in a way that will maintain a positive relationship.

Any help most grateful thxs guys x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

WendyW is on a distinguished road

I dealt with the first one by doing a reflection on a parent interview I had carried out with a Fijian Parent. I explained how she could speak English, but not fluently and sometimes struggled with certain words or phrases, so I explained how I spoke to her. For example, how I spoke slower and used simplified phrases and words, how I looked for acknowledgement that she understood what I was saying (facial expressions, nodding of the head). I searched for Fijian phrases and words on the internet and used these in displays in the classroom so that she could understand what the display was about etc etc.

For the second one; do you have anyone who works in your settings whose children also attend your setting ? If so you could explain how there is potential for a disagreement with the way you may handle a situation with the child, but if you treat the child like any other child and deal with any behaviour issues/rewards in the same way, this should avoid any problems.

Or explain what you do if you have a difference of opinion with an other adult; how it is only a difference of opinion not an argument, that you respect each others views, you listen to both sides of the disagreement and come to a solution amicably.

What do you do if you have a difference of opinion with a parent ? How you explain that it is your nursery policy to deal with a situation in a certain way, that it is not nursery policy to do something that way, you remain polite, you can see their point of view but you are consistent with policy, that you may refer them to the manager etc.

I would try to deal with both these elements with either a reflection or a witness testimony of a situation that has actually happened, if possible!
Unread 12-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Tilly-Jo is on a distinguished road

Hi what sort of setting do you work in?? I work in an Adult Education creche. We have some families that are not from this country and we adapt the way we communicate with them and the children as English is not their first language. Or you might have a child with hearing problems or sight problems and how would you deal with this.

As for dissagrements with adults, think how you would handle this if it happened you still have to work with that person or deal with them if its a parent, be diplomatic and think of the future as you want things to be ok but you have to see it from all peoples point and make the right choice for everyone. While at the same time resolving it. Do you know what I mean!! Cant get my words out lol

Hope this helps

TJ x

Last edited by Tilly-Jo : 12-07-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: spelling!!
Unread 12-08-2009, 08:43 PM

Angel 24 is on a distinguished road
Default thxs

thxs for your feedback. I am a childminder so as you can image some of the units and pc's are difficult to answer.
Unread 02-13-2010, 06:21 PM

shaz73 is on a distinguished road

thanks for the useful info1