Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 08-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Rachel28

Default Level 4: scheduling and time ?

I'm new to Silkysteps and wanted some advice. I work full time, assess levels 2 and 3 and have 2 children of my own. I have got all the grants to start level 4 in Sept but am wondering how much time each week it will take me, and if I have the time to do it this year? Any thoughts?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi Rachel welcome to Silkysteps.

There are quite a few experiences from members on here with organising work & study - L4 & FD I think it's more the speed at which you approach it that helps manage the worry of getting it done. Durations seem to range from 8mths to 2 years so again does also seem to fit well with whatever else is going on.

Do you know which unit you would like to start with and maybe anyone else studying locally that you can get together with ?

Enjoy the site

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

sally23 is on a distinguished road

Hi Rachel
I've posted on many other level 4 posts with my views and experiences but I have 2 children lots of other commitments and work and manage part time a local pre school Im in the middle of my nvq 4 and hope to complete it in a year. I often do a bit each eve when the children are in bed sometimes dont to any for a week or so and sometimes work like a demon!!
I have found the course work interesting varied and at sometimes difficult probably because the setting that I was working in wasnt really up to scratch so starting from sept I have opened a new setting and hope to use all my new found knowledge and confidence to improve my practice and provide a great pre school
Unread 08-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

I'm doing Level 4 with the Open University.

I've done the first course E123 and 1/2 way through the second, e124.

It's quite time consuming if you do it properly but not overly so... I wouldn't want to do them both together like some friends have... they've found it very hard.

Good luck with your studies! :reading: