Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 12-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Aleezia is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Please help i'm really stuck! I would appreciate it so much :)

I would be so grateful if anyone could provide me with assistance

I am using my NVQ Level 2 by Penny Tassoni and can't find anything in here to help me with question:

P6 - Describe how effective communication supports all areas of development

I need to provide one example for 1) Practitioner and Children and 2) Practitioners and Parents/Carers

I have already provided an example for 3) Practitioners in the setting.

Please i desperately need help and have not found any guidance anywhere...

Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-22-2011, 01:49 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, maybe for 1 you could describe an occasion where a child selected a story book, or an activity - how were you involved, what happened, how did the actions and choices come about and how did you communicate with each other? for 2. maybe examine the last time you had contact with a parent or carers? was it a smile to say hi, did you discuss the children's day, were you charged with a responsibility to ask for a form to be filled in?

Effective communication with children involves;
  • The use of open ended questions; helping to provide an opportunity for more than just yes/no replies - what, hows and why
  • Eye contact and lowering yourself bodily where necessary to communicate at the same level.
  • Give time for the information to be absorbed and understood
  • If appropriate ask for the information to be re-told to you to help check accuracy & understanding.
  • Use visual or pictorial images to help communicate
  • Try to understand the child's perspective
  • Use age appropriate language - don't make things unnecessarily lengthy or complicated .. eg. 2, 3 or 4 instructions all in one go.
  • Being consistent in what you're doing or suggesting.
  • Be positive with body language
  • Consider the time and place that you are communicating in.
    eg. large group, small group, level of focus or concentration that may be needed by participating children.
  • Show repsect in the way you talk and where you talk.
Effective communication with parents and carers involves;
  • Your range of communcation methods - face to face, telephone, email, diary entries
  • Knowing parent, carers' names and using those that are prefered.
  • Be clear about what you want to talk about
  • Be quick to respond to parent/carer enquiries
  • Always show that you respect and value parents or carers as the child's first and main carer.
  • Show that you understand and respect the need for confidentiality by beng aware of the places you use to communicate.
  • Be sensitive to ways a parent prefers to communicate and adapt your way of working to meet thoses preferences .
  • Know the parents that speak additional languages and always have a positive way for them to communicate with you eg. translator
  • Give time for information to be absorbed and understood.
  • Give time for answering or re-clarifying of what's been said
  • Use positive body language to show you are listening - eye contact, facial expression, stand facing the person you're talking with.
Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Aleezia is on a distinguished road

Hi Ruthierhyme,

Thanks a bunch! You are a God send :)