Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 08-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

michaela stone is on a distinguished road
Default 413K020 How to build sustainability into your planning, the levers, barriers and cons

Hi Everyone

This is my last knowledge and I have completely finished413K020 How to build sustainability into your planning, the levers, barriers and constraints that operate, But I just cannot think! Could anyone help

Thanking in advance

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

Not sure if I'm on the right track or not - but I would think you need to look at your business plan focusing your strenghts and weaknesses ect, maybe using a SWOT analysis as a starting point. Then saying how you will overcome any sustainability probs.
.........however I'm not familiar with the unit so forgive me if I'm totally wrong!xxxxxxxxx
Unread 08-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Possum is on a distinguished road

I'm not familiar with it either - is it sustainability of your planning or of the setting?
Unread 08-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi

Sustainability in planning would suggest a rolling or flexible & adaptable format to planning - knowing what your doing, why your doing it - building sustainability by understanding how to let others know how they can be part of it, why they are - why they would want to be and how they are able to input their own ideas and views ..

Levers could be how to maintain accessibility to planning for staff, parents and other interested parties - storage, review/planning dates.
How planning fulfils statutory requirements and then maybe your own groups commitments.

Barriers possibly:
Changing agendas - political, local, 'in house and personal
Funding
Knowledge
Training
Expectations

Cons I've included below, they may need to associate more appropriately with the barriers listed above ..

Pros could be the ability to leave staff with, & with access to managerial procedures/planning that enables independance & innovation.
Always knowing that a proven format exists for you to fall back on.
Knowledge that one 'set of plans are on hand to satisfy inspection.
Knowledge of how planning is sustainable can also be good for holiday & unexpected illness/absence - ties in with knowing how you can fall back to less elaborate activity preparations.

Cons being how to change formats, how to explain reasoning - good and bad behind current & considered formats, how to dispell concerns, look for guidance, additional regulation, issues of compliance ..

From me also, this may be on the wrong tracks, are you able to check with your tutor before putting lots of work in?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

katy80 is on a distinguished road

hi ya i have just done this unit and my tutor told me to speak about the barries i may face as we have a landlord who owns the nursery and there are certain things we cant do without their permition for example decorating etc. you can also talk about how you plan ahead with projects by using your action plans. i hope this helps.
katy