Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 04-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Mockingbird is on a distinguished road
Default Unit 204

Hi everyone, my assessor has given me a couple of questions to finish off unit 204..

Please help :)
1. What effect can your own background and experiences have on your practice?

2. Why is it important to set professional goals and targets ?

These are probably so simple :)

Thanks
Wendy.x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

j.trina10 is on a distinguished road

Hi i am doing the same thing at the moment. Your own background i have presumed that as to be if you are a mum, have nieces and nephews, so you can use your personal experiences in your setting. Do you mean performance goals? I haven't answered that one yet but i would put something along the lines of it is important to set performance goals and targets so i can allow myself and others an insight to my learning potential. If goals and targets are met i will still need to build on my existing skills and knowledge and increase my understanding of my work. It alaso allows room for areas where i may need to improve. Hope that helps if it doesn't sorry lol!
Trina x
Unread 04-06-2010, 04:55 PM

thankyou.. I googled it in the end and the goals question i put something along the lines of.. if you have goals or targets to work towards then you are more likely to achieve them than if you haven't set yourself any goals. Having a clear and specific goal would be easy to create a structured plan to achieve it :)

The other question, yes, i went along the lines of your own education, positive or negative school experiences, having your own children, how you were bought up as a child etc..
Unread 05-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

shaffeena is on a distinguished road

hi im new on this site. i'm on unit 204. wish me luck, i know i will need it. i will for sure come back if i need help.
Unread 05-04-2010, 06:46 PM

You will be fine (hug) but there are plenty of people on here to help if you get stuck :)