Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Fifitrix is on a distinguished road
Help SOS 305 - K3P1121 please help!!

I'm hoping someone can help me with the following question:-
K3P1121 THE REQUIREMENTS OF LEGISLATION, REGULATION & CODES OF PRACTICE FOR SAFEGUARDING AND PROTECTING CHILDREN RELEVANT TO THE HOME COUNTRY WHERE THE SETTING IS LOCATED. THE DUTY OF ALL WITHIN THE SECTOR TO SAFEGUARD CHILDREN INC WHISTLE BLOWING

i have listed legislation such as Childrens Act 1989 & 2004, Protection of children act 1999 Education Act 2002 and briefly summerised each legislation. I have then said that our safeguarding policy complies with all of these laws. Not sure if I have answered the first bit of the question correctly with these?
Also ' the duty of all within the sector to safeguard children' - not sure what this is asking? Does this need me to describe how we safeguard in Nursery, health and safety, procedures of collection of children etc
Please please help, brain is frazzled been on the same question for the last 3 hours!!
Thanks in advance

Fifitrix xx

Last edited by Fifitrix : 04-03-2010 at 08:30 AM.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

losh1978 is on a distinguished road

K3p1121a: The requirements of legislation, regulations and codes of practice for safe guarding and protecting children which is relevant to the uk are following the childrens act 1989. This was introduced because the previous legislation wasnt working. All were simplified for all who worked with children and it states how everyone should work together in the events of allegations of child abuse. There is a whistle blowing policy which encourages all staff to speak out if there are any concerns of wrong doings within an organisation this is to maintain the safety within the working environment.

Kp1121b: If at any time you have any suspicions regardless of how unfounded they are you must always report to your manager. Reasons for this is that it is best to be over cautious than to ignore possible warning signs of abuse.

Hi I'm new to the forum and have completed my ccld3, this is the answers which I put for the upk.
Unread 04-03-2010, 03:20 PM

Thanks losh1978!

Was feeling as though I was going round in circles thanks for your reply! This forum is fantastic for help and advice.
Many thanks again xx
Unread 04-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

losh1978 is on a distinguished road

HI

Anytime
Unread 04-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

alishah is on a distinguished road

hi i just started my ccld3. can anyone help me with this question.... When talking to a child or young person who has dosclosed passibe abuse explain the five key points regarding responding?? 3RS recieve record report ?? plz help needed thanks...
Unread 04-08-2010, 11:04 AM

Hi Alishah

Not exactly sure what 5 points your college/assessor is looking for but I included
Let the child finish what they are saying without interuption
Don't ask the child leading questions are prompt for further information
let them know that telling someone was the right thing to do
Never promise a child that you won't tell anybody else, let them know calmly that you will need to tell someone else
reassure them

Presume the 3r's will be
receive - following guidelines above
record - you will need to write down exactly what the child said , their behaviour as soon as you can after disclosure whilst still fresh in memory- important not to interprete what they have said - may be used as evidence in court
report - report to manager /designated senoir person for child protection following settings child protection policy.

Hope this helps xx