Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 02-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

claireb is on a distinguished road
Default 301 inappropriate and appropriate behaviour

hi can anyone please help with what is meant by inappropriate and appropriate behaviour when interacting with children. I know it is generally about keeping it professional but how do I write it down to be good enough as an answer?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

fluffy bunny is on a distinguished road

Hi Claireb,

Is this question K3D162? If it is i wrote:

It is important to establish a good relationship with children, it is also important to be aware that the relationship should be friendly but not unprofessional. As an early years practitioner you are not a member of the childs family nor are you taking the place of the childs parents. We have to find ways of communicating at the childs level without being too childish, you wouldnt speak to a 12yr old the same way as you would speak to a 2yr old. Interacting with children inappropriately can also be a child protection issue. In my setting we have policies and procedures which helps to ensure that my behaviour at all times.

My setting has a behaviour management policy that must be adhered to at all times. Children should be allowed to grow and prosper both socially and intellectually they need the support of a warm, friendly environment where adults make them feel secure, appreciated and respected and where they can try out various ways of acting and interacting without fear of humiliation, blame or neglect.

Then you can go onto say about the childrens act 1989 guidelines on behaviour and sanctions, namely that children should be respected and that corporal punishment (slapping, smacking or shaking etc) will not be an acceptable practice, although it may be necessary to take physical action in an emergency to prevent personal injury or serious damage to property.

I hope this will help you