Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 12-30-2008, 08:22 PM
madgey

Default ccld 303

Hi i have just started svq level 3 just got talked into but finding it hard i have just started doing the cdp and am already stuck on 303 how and why so does anyone think they can help me with this question ? Adapt your practice and support all the children in your care,including those with disabilites and special educational needs ta .:reading:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-30-2008, 08:51 PM
wishfulsinger01

Whoop whoop - yayy

whey!!!

were on the same boat.....

ill b looking 4 help on 303 aswell

good luck

it is a challenge...i tell u....but well finish it in no tym eh?

Last edited by wishfulsinger01 : 12-30-2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: just
Unread 12-30-2008, 08:53 PM
madgey

just siting here trying to write some of it just now.

Last edited by madgey : 12-31-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Unread 12-31-2008, 12:43 PM
wishfulsinger01

ohhhhh......am sooooo annnoyed

cant find the answer to some....whats formative and summative assesments???
Unread 12-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Shazza1961

Hi there. I've just joined and am finding the site so useful already! I'm doing NVQ level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. According to a handout I've got: formative assessment "informs" what the pupil needs to do next, summative assessment "summarises" where a pupil is at a particular time, usually a SAT or QCA test. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Unread 01-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

nickelly is on a distinguished road

Hi there, just joined today and read your thread so not sure if you have done this bit of 303 yet but this is what I wrote for what is formative and summative. Not sure if it will help you.
Formative assessment is assessment that is continually ongoing. This means that
although I may already know the Childs strengths and needs and can plan for them, I still carry on observing them. Summative assessment is where I compile a report so that parents can read about their childs progress. These are often used if information needs to be passed from one professional to another.

nickelly
Unread 01-02-2009, 05:57 PM
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelly View Post
Hi there, just joined today and read your thread so not sure if you have done this bit of 303 yet but this is what I wrote for what is formative and summative. Not sure if it will help you.
Formative assessment is assessment that is continually ongoing. This means that
although I may already know the Childs strengths and needs and can plan for them, I still carry on observing them. Summative assessment is where I compile a report so that parents can read about their childs progress. These are often used if information needs to be passed from one professional to another.

nickelly
i have just joined today aswell and im at the same point as you do you know what the theories of play are and what does holistic mean.
Unread 01-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

nickelly is on a distinguished road

Hi Bec,

The theories of play are in most of the level 3 text books but i've also managed to get a copy of 'how children learn' by Linda Pound. Its a book on all the theorists its quite in-depth but it helped me answer the theories of play well enough. My tutor told me that Holistic is an overall view, it includes everything, so when you do an observation you are to look at the wider picture not just focus on the activity. So, like, if you were doing an gross motor skill activity with a group of children with age differences of about 6 months and there is a child that is not as developed as the others you need to look at every factor as to why this is the case i.e his home life, his general physical and mental ability etc...sorry for going on always got loads to say.