Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 08-04-2008, 09:16 AM
mandy44

Default Help

Hi could someone please help with this question ,i have spent all weekend on this ,going round and round in circles , From CCLD 4 402
K4H799 Key factors and influences on children’s health and safety, covering social, environmental, cultural, ethnic, gender, language and communication, abilities and disabilities, stage of development

I need to have this finished by tomorrow

Look forward to hearing from anyone who can help
Thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy44 View Post
Hi could someone please help with this question ,i have spent all weekend on this ,going round and round in circles , From CCLD 4 402
K4H799 Key factors and influences on children’s health and safety, covering social, environmental, cultural, ethnic, gender, language and communication, abilities and disabilities, stage of development

I need to have this finished by tomorrow

Look forward to hearing from anyone who can help
Thank you
I wrote about what we do in our setting to ensure all are valued (no matter who they are) and understood, included etc, how we need to recognise all have different needs, how all individuals both children and adults need to be consulted on what effects their lives, when children are valued they develop a high self esteem allowing them to voice concerns etc in their lives, and their own personal opinions.
I wrote about the policies we have in our setting regarding diversity and equality:
Staff recruitment
Equipment and resources
Statement of recruitment for equal opportunities.
Accessibility plan
Inclusion policy.
racial equality.
etc
I wrote about 9 lines and it was signed off ok.
Hope that is helpful!
Unread 08-04-2008, 03:14 PM
mandy44

Thank you 4 that 9 lines i have written 3 pages
Unread 08-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

Not to confuse you, but i took a slightly different approach to this question

Social environment: I talked about social inequalities, which contribute to the child's health and well being, due to low income, lack of parenting skills, (which are usually passed down through generations), poor diet due to lack of vitamins and minerals, poor or substandard housing, lack of adequate safety equipment, poor supervision, young children being allowed to play beyond the safety of the garden all play an important factor on the childs health and safety.

Cultural and Ethnicity
Differences in cultural beliefs can also place a child at unnecessary risk, due the diverse cultural society we live in individual cultures may place different values regarding Health and Safety of children. Another factor can be the level of understanding, regarding the laws of Britain, especially when families have recently relocated to this country. In some cultures Boys are more highly thought of and valued more than girls, therefore girls may not have their needs met at all or be thought of last. Also if English is not the family’s first language this will affect levels of understanding.

[b]Levels of understanding[/B]: - Children of eight will have more understanding, knowledge and more awareness of danger than a young child under the age of five, levels of understanding will vary depending on exposure to risky situation, and shown or given an awareness on how to deal with various situations through appropriate play activities. Children with additional needs again due to levels of understanding and awareness of danger will need more supervision; they may also be more vulnerable than children of a similar age. Children that are more curious of their surroundings also more adventurous may be likely to have more accidents than a child that is shy and timid.

Through Sure Start and Flying Start programs which target areas of deprivation in the community along with inter relationships amongst professionals, it is hoped that families most in need will be identified early and a prevention packages can then be put in place. E.g. Loan of Safety equipment such as stair gates, cooker guards, etc, parenting classes, good quality child care, out reach workers and generally being their to help and support vulnerable families with in the catchment area.
Unread 08-04-2008, 05:58 PM
mandy44

Default Thank you

Hi thank you so much for that ,,that really helped