Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 07-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

sally23 is on a distinguished road
Default 403 K4D807

Morning everyone
I've been working some more on 403 K4D807 since 7am this morning and Im nearly there!! I just cant seem to link a theorist to Social, emotional and behavioural development that I can then link to my pre schools practice I know its out there !!
Can anyone help me out???
Thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

Bruner and Vygotsky both emphasised cognitive development as being closely linked to the brains construction of knowledge within a social context.
Evidence of Vygotsky theory can be seen in settings where adults are aware of the importance of assisting children, and challenging them during activities to further their understanding and learning. This is called the Zone of proximal development

I used skinner and pavlov for behaviour

emotional well being I used Bowlby

hope that helps
Unread 07-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

sally23 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Brandy
Been working on it most of today and am glad to say I'm nearly done!
I used Skinner too for behaviour and am working on Vygotsky to finish off - large glass of wine and take away this eve!!