Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 05-23-2019, 02:02 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

dani103 is on a distinguished road
Default EYE12 community based setting please help!

Im really struggling with the last couple of questions on this unit

Task 5.2 Give a detailed account of a learning activity provided by the setting for its parents to develop their understanding of its early years curriculum

Task 5.3 Please describe how you would provide parents with information about resources they can access to enable them to develop their skills and knowledge which will help them be an effective participant in the parent management committee.

Task 6.3 I would like you to think about the resource management systems that may be used at the pre-school and describe how these would operate in the setting. This will include how play resources and equipment are obtained/created, managing budgets, and obtaining resources in cost effective ways.

Task 6.4 You will need to carry out research about financial systems and describe how these can be operated at the pre-school setting.

Any help would be much appreciated

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-24-2019, 12:49 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a warm welcome to the site. If you use the look inside feature of this older handbook on amazon, search inside for the words 'exchange information with parents' and then click to page 411.

Ask colleagues in your workplace about the different activities that enable parents to learn about the curriculm. This might be regular newsletters, open evenings, specific workshops and having an open door policy to talk to parents about developmental progress.

Page 416 offers the following for Task 5.3

Part of your role may involve providing parents with information to enable them to develop the knowledge and skills to participate effectively in the parent management committee or support group of the setting. This could include helping parents to:
Identify possible sources of information eg. access advice and support networks
  • Identify personal ans study goals, eg. complete a written assignment or practicle task.
  • Develop thewir own ideas and how to present these
  • Work out how to do management committee or support group tasks; eg. participating in meetings, understanding budgets, fundraising.
  • Develop time management, eg. prioritise tasks, plan study time and social life.
  • Develop study skills including where to find information eg. developing word processing skills, using the interent.
For task 6.3 page 417 and 424 looks at resources and financial arrangements (search inside for 'administer budgets')

Quote; Part of your responsibilitieswhen leading and managing a community-based early years setting (eg. a preschool or playgroup) will be to work with the managemnt committee to identify funding streams for the group. Groups should be clear about their funding requirements. A business plan will help clarify specific needs and should include realistic budgets. A business plan is usually part of the application for funding as it provides information about why the funding is required.

When identifying possible funding streams, the best place to start is the early years unit at your local authority. Staff there will be able to provide advice about local funding.

If you check with colleagues in the your workplace they will be also be able to help you identify how the setting is currently funded.

Research financial systems such as Hope this helps, best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-28-2019, 12:54 PM

Thank you so much this really helped me get started on these questions!

The last question on this unit i have no idea where to start with if anyone has any pointers it would be greatly appreciated!

Task 6.4 You will need to carry out research about financial systems and describe how these can be operated at the pre-school setting. You will need to look into managing budgets, recording income and expenditure, accountability and how funding is identified and accessed.
Unread 05-28-2019, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Hi, have you been able to ask your setting's management what financial systems, or the different methods of receiving money they use? eg. parent's free places mean the setting may be recieving the Nursery Grant as a means of financing. Do they also fundraise?

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-29-2019, 12:29 PM

I actually work with my mum as her childminding assistant so don't even work in a preschool! i find that the last two questions are very similar and i am repeating myself as i have already said about outgoings and budget planning etc, is there any distinct difference that i should include in both question 6.3 and 6.4?

Thank you again for your help!
Unread 05-30-2019, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Hi, you're very welcome. The last criteria is asking you to identify and to look into how the setting/buisness is funded rather than how it manages funds and spends them so that you know all the options available for maintaining a healthy budget :)

So for example, is the setting funded solely by the fees charged to parents? Does the local childminding network know of any suitable grants in the area, can your setting apply for them? Does your Local Authority offer any subsidies to child minders? Does the setting receive financial support from the government?

Childcare business grants https://www.pacey.org.uk/working-in-...siness-grants/

If it helps, this level 3 handbook might be useful reading Preparing to work in home-based childcare page 153+ is supportive.

https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/

Best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-31-2019, 12:17 PM

Thank you so much, this has really helped and I've finished the unit!

I don't know what id do without this website!! xx
Unread 05-31-2019, 03:13 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

readieexox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani103 View Post
Thank you so much, this has really helped and I've finished the unit!

I don't know what id do without this website!! xx
Hiya will someone help me with this question. im stuck on my EYE12 unit ?

Explain the role and responsibilities of the parent management committee/support group in a community based early years setting :(