Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-20-2018, 05:38 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

elfie77 is on a distinguished road
SOS Demonstrate ways of applying the principles of equality, diversity and anti-discriminatory practice

1.5 Demonstrate ways of applying the principles of equality, diversity and anti-discriminatory practice in own work with children and young people

Hello, can anyone give me any help with ways to demonstrate this? I have one sentence about circle time which isn't great and am lacking in ideas.

Thank you xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-20-2018, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, this thread may help. Consider the list and see how they apply to your working practice. http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21460

Best wishes x
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-08-2018, 09:17 PM

kbeau2018 is on a distinguished road
SOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfie77 View Post
1.5 Demonstrate ways of applying the principles of equality, diversity and anti-discriminatory practice in own work with children and young people

Hello, can anyone give me any help with ways to demonstrate this? I have one sentence about circle time which isn't great and am lacking in ideas.

Thank you xx
Hiya, just wondering if you managed to get your examples for the question you asked. I too am lacking in ideas. I know we probably do it on a daily basis but it is just an idea to start it off.

Thanks x
Unread 05-09-2018, 08:07 AM

elfie77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeau2018 View Post
Hiya, just wondering if you managed to get your examples for the question you asked. I too am lacking in ideas. I know we probably do it on a daily basis but it is just an idea to start it off.

Thanks x
Hello

These are the examples I used and have now had the unit signed off

Example 1 - During the circle time activity above I made sure to move around the circle giving each child a fair and equal opportunity to answer questions and participate in the discussion regardless of their race, gender or ability.

Example 2 - During a reading group session Child 1 had not previously read the story and was struggling to sound out some of the words. Child 2 had read the story confidently earlier in the session and began reading the story for him, helping him with the words. I stopped him and explained that it was important for him to give Child 1 the opportunity to read the story by himself. I then moved round to sit next to Child 1 to give him further support and extra time to finish his reading.

Example 3 - Often during play sessions, I work with children who lack confidence or need extra help in their literacy or numeracy. By sitting with these children and providing extra support for their individual needs I can free up time for the teacher to concentrate on ensuring the whole class gets equal opportunity of help from her.

Hope this helps x
Unread 05-09-2018, 08:53 PM

kbeau2018 is on a distinguished road
Smile

That's great, thank you so much x