Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 08-30-2017, 04:02 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kerrim is on a distinguished road
SOS Unit 11 6.1 reflection

Hi, I'm hoping to get some help on writing a reflection.

I am on Unit 11 which is about safeguarding. On outcomes 6.1,6.2,6.3,6.4 I need to write a reflection on how you have supported children with their self-esteem, confidence and empowered them to make positive and informed choices supporting their well being and safety. Within this explain why it is important that they have strategies to protect themselves and make decisions on safety. Then analyse the importance of supporting resilience in children and young people.

I work in a school for children with complex learning disabilities and I have not actually supported any children in this way. Do I write as if I have, basically pretend I have done this ?

I am really struggling how to even get started.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-30-2017, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, simulation or pretending isn't always the most helpful way.

What safeguarding messages does the school share with children maybe through its PSHE programme?

How do they learn about their own bodies and personal hygiene practices such as oral care, handwashing and toileting, taking care of their hair, skin so that they stay healthy.

Road safety

Where they play, who they play with, what they do when out playing, people they meet, time keeping.

Meals, eating healthily using cutlery and equipment safely.

Page 182/3 of the STL handbook is good reading

You have almost certainly supported children in this way but possibly thinking too deeply about it xx Think about behaviours and maybe PE, when one child perhaps threw a ball to another but the ball bounced on the recipient instead of it being caught. What happened or could happen. If your intervention stopped the hurt child from retaliating against the other you would of supported their positive choice about staying safe and helped to protect/safeguard them both by providing strategies that would prevent an escalation happening in the future (well, hopefully :) ) - explain how accidents aren't done on purpose, set a 'call/shout catch' rule before throwing the ball, share your observation about how how well the team is working together.

Hope this helps a little
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-31-2017, 11:14 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kerrim is on a distinguished road

Wonderful, thank you. Yes, I think I have a habit of overthinking things but you've made me look at it in an everyday way. Thanks x