Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 08-20-2017, 08:43 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

rbecca is on a distinguished road
Help SOS HELP! Stages of Development ages 0-7years

Hi,

So I'm currently working on a topic which requires me to identify the stages of different areas of development from birth to 7 years.
I have the 'EYFS typical behaviour' charts but I'm really unsure of the best way to group the ages.

I know a lot of the behaviours overlap and that's why I'm struggling to create age groups in which i can then complete my chart.

i'd be grateful for any suggestions! Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-20-2017, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi a very warm welcome to the site. Has you tutor been able to explain this to you as it's possible you'll be looking to research these areas of development first:

cognitive
communication and language
physical
personal, social and emotional

and then link what you learn to the EYFS and development matters guidance.

Pages 1+ of this EYE handbook
looks at development 0-7

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-20-2017, 11:30 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

rbecca is on a distinguished road

Yeah that's exactly what I have to do for my unit but I'm just unsure of how to group the ages since a lot of behaviour can overlap 🤔
Unread 08-21-2017, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi yes, the Development Matters guidance reflects how development can overlap because of a child's unique individuality however researching child development tends to focus more on stages of development and norms.

Open the 'look inside' feature of this handbook on amazon.co.uk and search for the words 'brain development' then click the link on the search results to page 23. It shows a table of children's cognitive development: 1-4 months, 4-6 months, 6-9 months, 9-12 months, 1-2 years, from 2 years, from 3yrs, 4yrs, 5-7 yrs. The other areas of development are similar so you could include all these ages in a table and then fill in the information?

If it helps the information in this book is also a good read - search inside for 'sequence and rates' then click to page 48.

Or, maybe ask your setting/placement if they have this book - Understanding Child Development Jennie Lindon & Kathy Brodie

Best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers