Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 03-02-2017, 01:09 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Jellybean86 is on a distinguished road
SOS ERR work book - role and responsibilities at the work setting in relation to the EYFS requirements and policies

I'm really struggling with this damn thing!
currently stuck on these questions...

Explain your role and responsibilities at the work setting in relation to the EYFS requirements and policies and procedures...

1)Health and safety:

2)Child protection and safeguarding:

3)Confidentiality and data protection:

4)Equality and diversity/anti discriminatory practice:

5)Behaviour management:

6)Promoting children’s learning and development:

I'm doing my level 2 online and I only see my assessor once a month

If anyone could help me with these questions, I'd be VERY grateful xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-02-2017, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a warm welcome to the site.

These link to your job description ie. what you're expected to do in your setting/work placement.

For example on page 20 of the EYFS framework it says:

Staff qualifications, training, support and skills

3.20. The daily experience of children in early years settings and the overall quality of provision depends on all practitioners having appropriate qualifications, training, skills and knowledge and a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities.

Providers must ensure that all staff receive induction training to help them understand their roles and responsibilities. Induction training must include information about emergency evacuation procedures, safeguarding, child protection, the provider’s equality policy, and health and safety issues. Providers must support staff to undertake appropriate training and professional development opportunities to ensure they offer quality learning and development experiences for children that continually improves.

1 Health and safety:
One of the things the EYFS framework requires settings to do is clean up and store items correctly so that everyone remains safe. For example on page 16, 17 of the EYFS framework it explains medicines, food and drinks, accidents and injuries and fire safety.

Does this mean it's safe to leave disinfectant out on the tables, ignore water spills that make the floor slippery, block exits/doors with toys?

2)Child protection and safeguarding:

Read page 16, 17 of the EYFS framework

Settings are required to be alert about issues and concerns about children when at home and elsewhere.

How are you expected to report information that causes any level of concern? What are staff expected to do with their mobile devices when they enter the setting?
What does your setting's safeguarding policy say?

3 Confidentiality and data protection:

Read page 29and 30 of the EYFS framework and consider if it would be good practice to leave the children's personal information, files and records in places where anyone can access/remove/read them?

4 Equality and diversity/anti discriminatory practice:

On page 5 of the EYFS framework it states equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice, ensuring that every child is included and supported.
Do you exclude children because of their gender, age, disability, faith or cultural background?

5 Behaviour management:

On page 26 of the EYFS framework it states Providers are responsible for managing children’s behaviour in an appropriate way.

What happens in your setting when children's behaviour might harm themselves or others? How are you expected to manage situations? What does it say in your job description or in the setting's behaviour policy?

6 Promoting children’s learning and development:

Page 7+ of the EYFS framework

Settings are expected to plan activities that help children work towards the Early Learning Goals of the 7 areas of learning. They organise the environment both inside and outside to support children's development and learning and work closely with each child's parents, family and carers to make sure learning and development is observed and supported.
Do you stay in the staff room all day drinking tea or ?

I hope this helps a little, best wishes with your study xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-02-2017, 04:18 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Jellybean86 is on a distinguished road
star

Wow i wasn't expecting much of a response but you certainly proved me wrong !
thank you so much

xx
Unread 03-03-2017, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

You're really welcome xx do remember your setting is there to support you with all this & copies of their policies and procedures + your job description will make it much easier for you to write :)
the cost of ad blockers