Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 06-13-2016, 04:36 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jod91x is on a distinguished road
Default CCLD Diploma Level 2

Please can someone help me! All coursework due in end of the month.
Theres a few questions i'm struggling with in 1 or 2 units.

OP 2.11

1.2 - Explain the importance of all practitioners consistently and fairly applying boundaries and rules for children’s behaviour.

1.3 - Describe the benefits of encouraging and rewarding positive behaviour to:

• The Child
• Other children in the work setting
• Carers

I understand what I'm supposed to answer for the child, but not too sure about the other 2.

.. and giving examples of behaviour issues - I've put physical abuse so far? bullying?

can someone point me in the right direction pleaseee?

Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-13-2016, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, what handbook do you have access to?

You're looking to include how fair and consistent boundaries help children know what to do, create a calmer environment and support stronger relationships. Carers will know children are treated fairly in the setting, with rules and expectations that apply to everyone. They can use the same boundaries at home or in their own settings to make sure children know what's expected of them.

Page 191 of this level 2 handbook explains the importance of consistency and fairness when setting boundaries, page 195 looks at the benefits of encouraging and rewarding positive behaviour and shows positive behaviour as:
turn taking
sharing resources
saying please and thank you
listening to the speaker
allowing others to talk
tidying up resources so that others can use them
moving and playing safely
offering to help others
understanding others' viewpoints

Consider the age of the children you wok with and the behaviours you see, are they all positive as listed above or are there times when you as an adult need to remind children of the expectations, show children what they need to do/be a role model for them, give children responsibility, be realistic about the expectations, ensure any consequences your setting has in place are known to the children before applying them, provide sufficient time and warning, recognise that unmet needs such as sleep/stimulation/food and water/relationships can help to prevent inappropriate behaviour.

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-18-2016, 12:46 PM

The only 2 handbooks I can use is the Level 2 CACHE and children's and young people's workforce by Miranda Walker.

I work with ages betwen 1 and 4 years.
I don't think the handbooks I have access too show the unit I am working on.

Thanks
Jodie
Unread 06-18-2016, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Hi no, it's an optional unit, the majority of the handbooks only contain core units, which are the ones you learn first.

For the optionals you'll be expected to use the knowledge and understanding you gained from the core units and then apply it to criteria that's worded differently xx

Does the information on page 135 and 140 of your Cache level 2 handbook help?
The importance of being fair and consistent and on page 143, which looks at some of the effects of not being consistent.

Hth
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-21-2016, 02:25 PM

The pages you have mentioned does help just not sure how I should word it.
Thanks for your help.

Jodie
Unread 06-21-2016, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Hi, it can help if you use words from the criteria to start off, for example

1.2 It is important that all practitioners consistently and fairly apply boundaries and rules for children’s behaviour because ...

xx
the cost of ad blockers