Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 04-29-2015, 11:27 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

los1972 is on a distinguished road
Default Demonstrate use of feedback to evaluate own performance and inform development

Going crazy here!! Need some help please......

2 questions are sounding the same to me:

Demonstrate how to work with other to review and prioritise own learning needs, professional interest and development opportunities.

and

Demonstrate how to work with others to agree own personal development plan.

To me a writing a development plan answers both of them. How do I show evidence differentiating between the 2?

Close to throwing my laptop in the bin!!!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-29-2015, 02:56 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

WITH OTHERS the assessor is supposed to observe you having a dev meeting. lazy college?
Unread 05-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kezza10 is on a distinguished road

Hi i am not onto this question at the moment i am on the one before but i think i would answer it by speaking to my supervisor and asking how she thinks i am doing in my role. Has anything she has said changed the way you work or the way you are developing in your job role. I hope this works. If you could help me with the question evaluate own knowledge performance and understanding against relevant standards i would really appreciate it
Unread 05-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kezza10 is on a distinguished road

I would evidence them by a professional discussion for the development opportunities question talking about how far you can go in your job and how to get there. I would use a candidate report for the other question giving an example like you received feedback from supervisor about your performance so the next time it happened you took the advice on board and did it differently
Unread 05-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

los1972 is on a distinguished road

HI thanks Kezza10.

For task 6, the one you were asking about I literally made 2 columns, 1 listed the tasks that I have actually carried out during my placement and the second was linked to the National Occupational Standards which can be found at:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...g_learning.pdf

hope that helps you!

I have completed a self appraisal form and I am going to discuss this with the teacher I work with this Thursday. Her feed back on this should answer Demonstrate use of feedback to evaluate own performance and inform development (Task 7).

I will also have a 'professional discussion' with her for task 9 - Demonstrate how to work with other to review and prioritise own learning needs, professional interest and development opportunities.

And then for Task 10.....

Demonstrate how to work with others to agree own personal development plan.

I will write up a development plan and go through that with her. Possibly:

Identify strengths and weaknesses
areas of interest
training opportunities
Look how what I need to develop and how (through what activities) and who is involved helping me
set a target date

All a bit of a minefield really, but will give it a go!!! Thanks for your feedback!