Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 04-10-2014, 05:55 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

seyda is on a distinguished road
Whoop whoop - yayy TDA2 colleagues response

hi everyone :-)) i am new to this site.started my level 2 support learning and teaching in january.i am enjoying the course but struggling with some of the tasks.currently i am working on tda 2.6.i need to write a reflective account about how pupils,adults and colleagues responding to my work style.also about how i support my team by carrying out my role and communicating with my colleagues.does anyone has an idea?any help would be appriciated xxx

Last edited by seyda : 04-10-2014 at 05:56 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Soph is on a distinguished road

Hi Seyda,

A reflective account is basically writing about your experience. I haven't done the level 2 as i started on the level 3 but i had a similar task to this.

For the first one, you just need to give your opinion on how you think pupils, adults and colleagues respond to your work style. For example, what sort of style are you using? Do some pupils/colleagues respond well to it? Do others not respond so well? Maybe you have had to alter it slightly for certain students or colleagues. It could be a softly, softly approach or maybe a tougher approach. I think this really depends on the age of the children you are working with

For the second one you will need to write about the things that you do to support your colleagues. So maybe you get a lesson plan from the class teacher in the morning so that you know what resources you will need to set up for the day (If you are working with younger children). I work in a secondary school and i generally take everything other than the actual teaching off of the class teachers hands. For example, handing out all of the books, making notes so that i can answer childrens questions, making sure the children are listening to what the teacher is saying. I communicate with my colleagues alot. I may ask another learning support assistant what works best with one of the children in my next class (as i work with special needs children). Maybe you have a meeting to communicate with colleagues and find out what you should be doing to support your team?

Hope this helps, this is the first post i have answered , it is usually me asking for help!

x
Unread 04-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

seyda is on a distinguished road

Wow it looks like you dont need to ask for any help really :-))))) thank u very much for that.i'll have a good think this evening about this.you know sometimes i cant put what you think into words and it's very frustrating.thank u again xxx
Unread 04-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Osu is on a distinguished road
Default Tracking

I need help with tracking ( am a childmider & dont use tracking as a form of observation ) I need to ans this question please

Q- Tracking observation of at least 2 children ,monitor the time the children engage in physical activity throught the day ...

Example of any sort of tracking can help me to ans the above thank u